🔥Forty-Two🔥

Song: All of the Stars- Ed Sheeran 

He held me tight in his warm arms as I sobbed into his shoulder. I clutched onto him tightly, dead set on never letting him go.

"I missed you so much, Theo." I sobbed, and he kissed my forehead before smiling down at me.

"I know, princess. I saw you every day. It killed me to see you so heartbroken." We pulled away from our hug, and he stared at me for a couple minutes before crashing his lips into mine. I wrapped my legs around his waist, and he held me with ease, slowly walking us to the bed and laying me down gently. Theo kissed me passionately, yet softly, and I tangled my hands in his soft brown hair. He pulled away, his lips leaving a trail of hot, feathery kisses on my neck, and a small moan escaped my mouth. I could feel his smile against my neck before he planted his lips on mine once again.

"I love you, Theo." I mumbled against his lips, and he smiled again. He pulled away and caressed my cheek with his hand.

"I love you too, princess. Always." I smiled, pecking his lips once more before pushing him on his back and resting my head against his chest. Theo chuckled and wrapped his arms around me. For a couple minutes, we stayed silent. All I could hear was Theo's gentle breaths, and the sound of his heart beating. Just the thought that he was there beside me, and he was alive and breathing was enough to make me happy.

When I glanced up at him, he was staring at the ceiling, and I noticed how, even in the dark, his beautiful brown eyes still managed to twinkle. I noticed how his plump lips had the ghost of a smile on them, and how his long eyelashes touched his cheek ever so gently whenever he blinked.

"You've always had a thing for checking me out, princess." He teased, winking, and I giggled before pecking his cheek. He grinned down at me, and I laid my head back against his chest. "What's on your mind?"

"Your heart stopped beating, Theo. Don't get me wrong, I'm out of this world happy that you're back and alive, but I just don't understand how you're alive."

Theo sighed as his arm tightened around my shoulder, and I intertwined our free hands. "I was in limbo after I died. I wasn't in heaven or hell; I was somewhere in the middle-- sort of where the restless spirits are. I eventually realized some of the vampire was left in me, so I used that to get my heart beating again."

He let go of me to sit up, and I sat up beside him. Theo gazed into my eyes, smiling, and gosh, it was the most beautiful thing I had ever witnessed. That smile was his genuine smile, and I would be lying if I said it wasn't my favorite.

"Do you know why I found the strength to make my heart beat again?" He asked, intertwining our hands and taking them up to his mouth to plant a soft kiss on mine, and I shook my head. He smiled again before saying, "Because there was a girl here on earth who was heartbroken, and she needed me to be hers. I fought for her."

My eyes became blurry as I wrapped my arms around his neck, holding him tightly. A single tear escaped my eye, and I smiled into his shoulder. It was the truest version of Theo I had ever seen. The truth about him was, he had a big, beautiful heart. Even if he wouldn't admit it, being the good in someone's life, or giving someone the hope they needed, made him genuinely happy.

Theo always wanted to be the hero. He always wanted to save a person or be the help he needed. He always wanted to be the one to make someone smile, even when they couldn't find the strength to do it. Theo was pure, and it was beautiful.

That day, I realized the whole big bad vampire act was just a facade. He always put up that front so people would see and fear him as the powerful, sadistic leader he wanted them to think he was. Theo figured if they had seen the real him-- the kind, helpful, loving person he was-- it would make him vulnerable. And vulnerability was the kind of thing to destroy someone.