🔥Thirty-Three🔥

Song: Where Do Broken Hearts Go- One Direction 

"Rise and shine, Mel! It's a new day!" Hazel's cheery voice enthused as she entered my room, and I groaned, burying my head in my pillow. The night before was rough. After the fight between Theo and I, sleep was the last thing on my mind. I spent the whole night tossing and turning, trying to think of anything but him, but sadly, my mind decided he was the topic of the night.

Stupid mind.

Hazel pulled me up from my pillow and turned me so I was facing her. She was smiling, but it quickly faded when she saw my puffy eyes and sad demeanor. "Talk to me, Mel. I don't like seeing you like this."

"I... I'm in love with him, Hazel." I looked away, a single tear escaping my eye. "But he's in love with Willow."

"I don't agree with him for what he did. He's my brother, but sometimes, he does really dumb, idiotic things, and he doesn't think before he speaks," She let out a small chuckle before placing her hands on my shoulders, "But believe me when I saw you are the one he's in love with. He can say a part of him still loves Willow, but I see the way he looks at you. Out of everyone in this house, he protects you most. Remember that."

I wanted to argue with what she said. Sure, he protected me, but that was his job as the pack leader. He had to protect all of us. I heard his words. I heard the sureness in his voice. There was no doubt Willow was the only holder of his heart. Before I could utter a word, Hazel's phone started to ring. She held her finger up and grabbed her phone out of her pocket, placing it between her shoulder and ear.

"Hello?" She greeted, and since I had quality hearing thanks to being a vampire, I could hear the whole conversation.

"Hey, little sis! It's your favorite brother Tobias." Hazel rolled her eyes, and I giggled. "Our dearest brother got himself into a predicament and is currently fighting Bloodbound. A.k.a, we need back up ASAP."

Hazel groaned before standing and walking out of my room. I quickly got up and changed into a pair of leggings and a v-neck, accompanied with my black jacket. After I pulled my hair into a ponytail and slid on my converses, I walked out of my room and met Hazel at the front door.

"So, I guess we're going to save the idiot brothers?"

Hazel busted out laughing. "Hell yeah! Our damsels are in distress!"

***

"Hazel and Melody! Nice of you to finally show up to the party!" Tobias glared at us before turning around and punching a vampire in the face. Hazel and I rolled our eyes before Hazel snapped another vampire's neck who was about to attack Tobias. I glanced around and saw Theo fighting Maggie, while Hazel and Tobias ganged up on another vampire. When I looked straight ahead of me, Blake was standing with his arms crossed over his chest, watching everyone fight with a smug look on his face. I was more than happy to see my target had nobody fighting him yet, because if he was the target, I was the bow and arrow. I ran at full speed toward him, knocking him down. Blake was taken completely by surprise.

"Melody! Good to see you again!" He smirked, and I rolled my eyes before punching him in the face.

"I would say the same, but considering you tortured me for five days, I'd like to send a big F you to you." I hissed back, and Blake busted out laughing. I stared at him in confusion before I decided beating his face in was more appealing.

"That was cute, Melbug. I'm curious, did you know Theo was in love with Willow this whole time?" He smirked. "I didn't know until he showed up to fight."

My whole body grew numb, and all I could do was stare at him. "W-what do you mean?"

"The only reason our packs are fighting is because he came to get Willow and bring her to your pack's house. Feeling useless now, Melody?" His smirk grew bigger, and I could do was stare at Blake as the world around me froze. Once again, I was reminded I meant nothing to Theo. A single tear trickled down my cheek, and Blake's smirk grew to full capacity. He leaned closer to my face-- so close, I could feel his breath fanning on my face. "I told you once-- nobody saves a mistake."