🔥Fifty-Six🔥

Song: Invisible- 5 Seconds of Summer 

Four months later...

How do you move on? That was a question not even I could answer. I was supposed to be the strong, independent girl everyone thought I was, and what I used to be, but after the trip, I felt so weak. So... defenseless.

Four months had passed since the trip Theo and I took to the Nightcrawler's headquarters. He hadn't been mean to me, he hadn't hurt me, but I rarely ever saw him. We hadn't talked since the day we came back, either. I was pretty much invisible to Theo Rivera. He was still with Harmony, and from the looks of it, their relationship was the best it could ever be. Theo took her on dates, he made her special things, and he danced with her. Everything he did was for Harmony. There was no longer a Melody in Theo's life.

It was supposed to be a good day. It was supposed to be filled with celebration, laughter, family and friends, good food and desserts, and happiness, but for me, it was the complete opposite. For the first time, that day was depressing-- the worst day of my life.

It was my nineteenth birthday.

My whole family was dead, I was invisible to my ex boyfriend, my twin sister was the devil's reincarnation, and the only family I had was the rest of the pack. I had never felt so alone and sad in my life. I wasn't feeling strong anymore, but I was still fighting.

The whole pack was in the kitchen eating breakfast, and everyone was either talking or laughing. Meanwhile, I quietly grabbed a bowl of cereal and sat beside Hazel. I had changed drastically over the four months. I used to be loud, sassy, and humorous, but I was the complete opposite. I never talked anymore unless I had to, my sass was almost completely gone, and I couldn't even make a good joke. It was almost as if someone had taken over my body and ripped away everything good about me.

I was the first to finish my breakfast, which was ironic considering I was the last to even wake up, and then I left the kitchen, walking out to the back porch. I sat in one of the white rocking chairs and pulled my knees up to my chest, watching the clouds drift through the sky. The back door slid open and close behind me, but I didn't know who came out. They watched me for a couple minutes before they walked behind the chair I was in and rested their hands on it. I didn't move; my eyes stayed locked on the sky.

"Why haven't you been eating?" That familiar, deep voice questioned, the one I had been longing to hear for four months, and I froze. I didn't know how to react. He was right there, and he was talking to me.

I let out a sigh as I mumbled, "I have been eating. I just ate breakfast."

"No, Mel. You haven't been eating normally. You have lost a lot of weight over the past four months."

"Isn't that what you wanted?" I bitterly laughed. "I mean, you always said I needed to lose weight."

Theo moved away from my chair, and I thought he was going back inside, but instead, he knelt in front of me, taking my hands in his own, his eyes filled with worry.

"You know I don't mean what I say. You need to eat normal again. We both know how sick you will get if you don't."

I stared into his eyes and saw all the worry in the world. A part of me was happy that he cared, but the other part was still depressed as hell. I could guarantee once he walked back inside that house, it would go back to me being invisible to him, and that weighed heavy in my mind more than anything.

"Whatever, Theo. You can act like you care now, but you and I both know that once you walk back into that house, I'll be invisible to you again like I have been for the past four months." He opened his mouth to say something, but I continued to speak before he could. "And don't try to say you care or you're sorry, because I don't believe it. I'm tired of being lied to, Theo, and you do it best."