🔥Fifty-Four🔥

Song: Tomorrow- Chris Young

"You're awfully quiet for someone who never shuts up." Theo finally spoke as we merged onto the highway, and I stole a glance at him. His jaw was locked, and his eyes were unreadable as usual.

"I'm trying not to rip your big, egotistical head off." I muttered, crossing my arms over my chest, and if he was amused, he didn't show it. In fact, the way he glared at the road made me believe it kind of pissed him off.

"The feeling is mutual, sweetheart." Theo glanced at me quick enough so I could see him glaring at me, and then his eyes locked on the road. "I don't understand what your problem is."

I bitterly laughed. "My problem? Well, let's see. First, you brought my twin sister to the house and start dating her, you almost killed me twice, burned everything I owned, and then you killed my father right in front of my eyes. I don't have a problem, Theo. I'm perfectly fine with you ruining my life and killing my family."

He didn't speak, but he did react. His jaw tightened even more, and I swore if he tightened it a little more, his jaw would snap in half. Theo's eyes faded to red, and his grip on the steering wheel became so tight, his knuckles turned white. He let out a deep breath, glancing over at me with those emotionless eyes.

"For someone who used to be in love with me, you sure are annoyed with being with me right now."

I rolled my eyes, looking out the window. "I would rather be dangled over a swimming pool of sharks than to be with you right now."

The next couple of minutes were silent. Eventually, it was too silent for me, so I turned on the radio. Ironically, the first song to come on was "I Don't Dance" by Lee Brice, and my heart dropped. It was the first song Theo ever danced with me to, and it was kind of our song, since I was the only girl he would ever dance with. Theo must have remembered it too, because he instantly turned the station. I attempted to turn it back, but he smacked my hand away, glaring at me.

"Aw, did I strike a nerve with that song? Are you scared you might remember you actually loved me at one time?" I questioned, sarcasm laced through my voice, and he almost wrecked. He literally had to swerve the car so hard that I hit my head off the window. Groaning, I held my head in my hands.

"Say that again, and I'll do more than hurt your head." He threatened, and I let out a sigh. I was at least happy to know he had some emotion left in him, even if I had to go to the extremes to find it. It proved to me that a sliver of my Theo was still in there.

We didn't speak for the rest of the car ride. Once we reached the headquarters of the Nightcrawlers, we started the meeting. They talked about a new pack who was kidnapping vampires in our area and killing them with daggers and burning them alive, and suggested that we up our security. I laughed under my breath as they explained it all. Theo and I had already been through kidnapping, being tortured, and almost dying. It was nothing we couldn't handle. Then, the next topic came, and Theo's mood went downhill. They found out what he had been doing, and how Hazel, Maggie, and Tobias were the leaders temporarily, and they weren't too pleased.

"Theodore, you know we have always respected you as the best leader around Chicago, but you have been pretty reckless lately. Your pack is the strongest in the world, and we don't want to see you ruin that." Their leader, who had silver eyes and dirty blonde hair told him, and Theo rolled his eyes, crossing his arms over his chest and glaring at the leader.

"I'm not reckless. Someone did something that I will never forgive, and that's that. I have to make the best decisions for my pack, and having said person in it is definitely not a good decision." Theo retorted, trying to sound mature, and I rolled my eyes. It wasn't exactly a puzzle to figure out he was talking about me, and I think the Nightcrawler's leader knew that too; he even shot me a look of sympathy.