🔥Thirty🔥

Song: All I Want- Kodaline 

"Come on, princess! We're going to miss the sunset!" I heard him shout from the distance, and I zipped towards the sound of his soothing voice. The sky above me morphed from a light blue to a beautiful lavender, and the sun was slowly disappearing, taking its rays on the trees with it. I ran through the meadow of flowers, my legs pumping with all my vampire might, until I finally reached the open field where he stood, his back to me.

A small smile grew on my lips as I walked up beside him, intertwining our hands. He glanced down at me, smiling, before planting a slow, gentle kiss on my lips. When we pulled away, I laid my head on his shoulder and watched the sunset, enjoying the serenity of the moment.

"I love you, princess."

"But why did you do that to me?" I turned to look at him. "Why did you pick her over me?"

He sighed, looking away. "I had to, princess. You wouldn't understand."

We stood in silence as the sun disappeared behind the horizon. The sky slowly faded into a deep pink as the sound of crickets filled the silence between us.

"I just want to come home, Theo. I want to be home with you." I cried, and he wrapped his long, warm arms around me, pulling me close. Resting my head against his chest, a single tear trickling down my face.

"I know, baby." He kissed my temple. "But this is how it has to be."

We continued to hug, until suddenly, he was being ripped away from me. I tried to hold on to him, or reach out for him, but he was too far gone. We were becoming disconnected.

"Theo!" I screamed, tears streaming down my cheeks. "Come back! Please come back!"

I sobbed as I reached for him once more before collapsing to my knees. "Please don't leave me here..."

***

My eyes slowly fluttered open, and when I was fully awake, Blake appeared in front of my vision. I tried to move, but my body was completely immobile, and my hands and ankles were still tied against the wall. I glanced up to see him smirking.

"Well good evening, sleeping beauty!" He evilly smiled, kneeling in front of me. "Tell me, how was your dreams?"

He busted out laughing. He laughed so hard, he fell to the ground and held his stomach. Blake pretended to wipe tears away from his eyes, and when he finally sobered up, he stared at me with a serious look set on his face.

"Just kidding. I know about your dreams." He smirked again, laying his head in his hands as he stared at me with a daze. "Ah, isn't great getting into people's heads? It's such a rush."

I glared at him. "You're a jerk, Blake."

"Well, duh! I'm the bad guy!" He rolled his eyes. "What's the point of being the bad guy if you aren't a jerk? That just ruins the rep."

I rolled my eyes. "What do you want, Blake?"

"What do I want? Well, I want many things, dearest Melbug." Blake stood, slowly pacing back and forth in front of me. "I want to be a leader-- the person a pack looks up to. I want to have a loving girlfriend, maybe a dog, and a good, long life. I want to experience the little things in life."

He stared down at me, his serious face never wavering. I shot him a dry look, and he busted out laughing. "Oh my God, that was so hard to say. Did I not make it obvious enough!? I want you dead, Melody! That was the whole damn point of our pathetic relationship."

I bitterly laughed, glaring at him. "If I'm not forgetting, you were the one in love with me. Not the other way around."

Blake snickered, and I continued to glare at him. He grabbed a syringe off the table behind him, which I could identify as vervain, flicking it with his finger.

"Melody, baby, I never loved you. Why do you think neither Theo nor I ever tried to do anything with your virgin self? We don't want you!" He declared, and I rolled my eyes, but then I busted out laughing, and he shot me a creeped out look. "What's so funny?"

"Oh, nothing. It's just the fact you think Theo and I did nothing in our relationship." I shrugged, and he suddenly froze. Blake shoved the syringe in his pocket and crouched down in front of me.

"I'm going to ask you a question, and you are going to give me an honest answer, or else I will kill you right on the spot. Understand?" I rolled my eyes, but nodded anyway. His body tensed, and he questioned, "What did you give Theo?"

"Well, if I must be honest, Blakey," I smirked, leaning close to his ear, my breath making him shiver the slightest, "I gave him my virginity. Something you wouldn't have ever gotten from me."

Dead, chilling silence filled the air, and Blake's nostrils flared like a bull. He immediately stood and slammed his fists against the wall, before slamming the syringe on the table. "You know what!? I've had it with you, Melody. Get ready to die."

He zoomed over to me and snapped my neck before I could even utter a word, and everything went black.

***

Theo's kiss stole the words I didn't need to say. In that silence, all of our secrets were laid bare, all of our passions and the spark of something unfamiliar to us existed between us. In that moment, with him kissing me, I was strong. I was confident. One kiss, one gentle, fiery kiss, and I had the courage to remember what it was like to feel the way I did. With one last kiss, he rolled over and laid beside me, wrapping his long arms around me.

"Well... That was..."

He smirked. "The best night of your life?"

"You know what? I can't hear you over the size of your ego." Theo let out a hearty laugh, and my heart melted. His laugh lit up my world.

"You're such a hater, princess." He kissed my nose and grinned at me. "But I like you anyway."

I smiled at him before giving him a soft kiss, cuddling closer to him. His arms tightened around me, and I listened to the sound of our heartbeats mixing together. That night was the best of my life. There was so much love, so much romance, so much intimacy...

"Hey, Theo?"

"Yeah?"

I took a deep breath before peeking up at him. He was staring down at me, a questioning look on his face. "I don't really know how to say this..."

"Just say it. That's what I do when I'm nervous about something." Theo shrugged, smiling down at me. I took another deep breath, heat crawling up my face.

"You... You were my first time." Theo froze for a second before a slow grin grew on his lips. I shot him a confused look, and he chuckled before pecking my lips.

"It's okay, princess. You were just waiting for the right time." His smile grew bigger, and my heart melted. "And I'm glad I was special enough to be your first."

And then I fell asleep, in his warm arms that felt oddly like home.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hey, loves!

How did y'all feel about the dream Blake put into Melody's head? Her confession? Her memory?

Make sure to comment, vote, and spread the word!

Thanks for reading!

Much love,

-Abby