🔥Twenty-Five🔥

Song: Love Me Like You Do- Ellie Goulding

I zoomed through the halls of the abandoned house. I heard his thought, and I found where he was. The only thing left was to find out where in the house he was.

"Melody! Help!" Theo yelled, and I ran even faster, completely pushing my legs. I zoomed through the top floor, the second floor, and the first floor. He was nowhere.

Then I found another door. I slowly walked to it, leaning against it.

Silence.

My eyebrows crinkled in confusion, and then I heard heavy breathing behind me. The hairs on my neck stood up, and as I turned around slowly, the fear in my stomach grew. Theo was standing in front of me, blood leaking from his chest. In fact, he was covered in blood. His left hand held a wooden dagger, and his hair was tousled, stiff with blood. Theo's face was bruised. When I brought my eyes back up to his, I saw how red they had become. He shut off his emotions, and he was at the height of his anger.

"Why did you shut off your emotions?" I asked shakily, and he shrugged, moving closer.

"You didn't save me, Melody." Theo whispered dangerously low, and I swallowed the lump in my throat.

"I'm trying to save you!" I exclaimed. "I can help you, Theo!"

He bitterly laughed, and goosebumps over took my arms. I didn't like Theo without his humanity. It scared me.

"You didn't save me, Melody. No matter how many times I screamed and begged for you to come, you never did." I stared at the ground, until his fingers lifted my chin, making me look in his eyes. But the eyes I looked into were not his at all. He wickedly smiled. "And now, you're going to pay for letting me suffer."

My stomach dropped, and I tried to escape, but it was too late. He locked me in his arms, stabbing the dagger in my heart. My breath was taken away (literally, not romantically), my chest bled out, and I was about to die from all the blood loss. It was all my fault. I didn't save him. I didn't reach him in time.

And we were both gone. He had no humanity, and I was literally dead.

***

"Melody!" I bolted awake to see Hazel staring at me, worry lying in her eyes. Her hands were on my shoulders. "You've been screaming for ten minutes! What the hell happened?"

I hesitated before speaking. I didn't know if I should tell Hazel about the nightmares. They were scary to talk about, and even scarier to see in my head. They were like the horror movie you definitely didn't want to be in. You knew somehow, you would be killed. But in this case, Theo was the one being killed, and I was the one who didn't save him in time.

"I keep having nightmares about Theo. He says I didn't save him, and he's always bleeding out from a wooden dagger." I wiped away the tears that had fallen from my eyes. "And then this nightmare, he stabbed me in the heart for letting him suffer-- for not saving him."

Hazel pulled me into a hug, caressing my hair. "I'm so sorry, Mel. We're still trying. I promise."

Every time I closed my eyes, I saw him in pain. I heard him screaming for me. It killed me to think that it might be real.

"I'll be back up later. I have to go talk to the boys." Hazel walked out of my room, and I crawled back under my blankets.

Theo had been gone for three weeks. Nobody could find him-- not even the best guards in the world. We searched everywhere, but he was nowhere to be found. I wanted to go out and search for him, but nobody would let me. They said Theo would be furious if they let me, and if I got hurt, he would kill them. But if someone didn't find him, he would be the one dead.