🔥Twenty-Eight🔥

Song: What Hurts the Most- Rascal Flatts

Lesson number three: Remember this about a heart of fire; it burns.

Darkness was all I could see. The serenity of the quiet-- my own personal heaven.

Until blinding, painful light broke through the beautiful darkness.

I let out a groan, throwing a pillow over my eyes, and a deep, masculine chuckle came from the corner of my room. "Rise and shine, princess. It's a beautiful day for a hangover."

I flipped him off, rolling away from the light. "If you don't close those damn curtains, I'll personally shove them down your stupid throat."

Theo busted out laughing. Any other time, his laugh would be the one thing that could brighten my day, but on that specific day when my head was throbbing with pain and my throat felt like someone shoved sandpaper down it, his laugh made me want to cut his throat with a very, very sharp butcher knife.

"You're kinky. Makes me love you that much more." Theo fell into another fit of laughter, and I grabbed the closest thing to me-- a pillow-- and dodged it at him. He caught it because of his stupid vampire abilities. "This is why we don't drink, princess."

"Shut up. Please, get hit by a bus. I am personally begging you." He rolled his eyes and smiled, hopping onto the bed beside me, pulling me to his chest.

"You're cute when you're hungover." Theo tapped my nose, and I pushed on his chest, glaring at him. He pulled me back and pecked my lips.

"I hate you."

"Who could hate me? Especially when I look like this?" He motioned towards his body, winking at me. "I'm a walking God."

"Your oversized ego will be the death of you." I mumbled, and he pulled me up until our noses were touching. His minty breath fanned against my face as he cheekily grinned.

"You love me and my oversized ego."

"Whatever floats your boat, lover boy." Theo smiled at me once more before planting his lips on mine for a slow, passionate kiss. I smiled through it and ran my hair through his soft brown hair. When we pulled away, I smirked at him, tangling my hands in his hair. "Now get out. Your face is making my eyes burn more."

He pouted at me, but complied. As he stretched, his shirt lifted slightly, showing the start of his six-pack, and I couldn't help but stare. I bit my lip, and he smirked, before putting his pout back on.

"Ouch. And here I thought you love my face." He patted his heart as if he was hurt, and I giggled. When he looked back down at me, he stuffed his hands in his pockets and shrugged. "Guess you don't want these pain pills and water."

Two pills and a glass of water appeared in Theo's hands, and I took them from him greedily. As I swallowed the pills and gulped down the water, I silently bless my lovely boyfriend's heart.

Have I ever told you how much I love you?

Theo smirked at me, winking. I stood and wrapped my arms around his torso, pulling him close and breathing in his heavenly cologne. He pulled me as close as possible, burying his head in my shoulder.

Trust me, princess. I know, and I love you that much more.

I smiled into his shoulder, and when we pulled away, he pecked me on the lips.

"Let's go downstairs. The pack wants to do something today."

"But I'm so tired." I groaned, and he chuckled. "I don't wanna move."