Chapter 2;

1 week later. 16 days 'till auditions.

Charlottes POV

          As I walked home, I couldn't help but smile at the sight of my house. School was tiring, and as I unlocked the door I slung my bag on the floor. Walking into the kitchen I saw my Dad sitting at the breakfast bar, reading the news paper, not tearing his eyes away when even I walked to into the room and opened the fridge to be disappointed to see nothing I fancied.

          "Hey Dad" I said to him casually, to let him know his daughter had come home from school.

          "Hiya Charlotte" He replied slowly, his full attention on the pages in front of him. His eyes were still drinking in the information that the newspaper gave when I drunk strait out of the milk bottle. If he had caught me, I'd usually be told off... Who knew a newspaper could be so interesting? Maybe he was reading a Justin Bieber article, because thats how I react when I find news about Justin I didn't know. I sniggered at the thought. My dad hated my love for Bieber.

          As he was semi-conscious of what he was doing, and not really thinking about what I was saying or doing, it occurred to me that I could tell him about this competition I wanted to take part in, and in his distracted mind, he might say yes just to shut me up. Yeah, being a parent and all he probably deserved to know and all.

          "Um, Dad?" I said slowly, pleading I could get away with this.

          "What do you want?" He said with a sigh, bringing his paper down to the table. Damn, there goes that plan.

          "You always assume I want something" I pouted. Parents always expected the worst didn't they? My dad should be proud and happy that I wanted to take something I loved seriously. Creating a dance would be a much better way of spending time that wasting away on Twitter or Facebook... right? I did that anyway, but jeez.

          "Well do you?" He said, one eyebrow raising slightly, a little surprised I didn't want anything out of him. Usually it was money or lifts to places.

          Disappointed to prove him right, I sighed. "Yes, but that's not the point." I said while my father smirked. "I want your permission to do something..." I said, trailing off.

          "Charlotte." My dad started off, folding his newspaper up and set in on the table properly. "You know we've gone through a lot recently, and if you think its bad enough to ask my permission, I probably wont let you" He rubbed his temples, letting out a frustrated groan. He must of had a bad day at work, he wasn't usually this grumpy.

          It stung a little when he said we've gone through a lot. We never bring up the actual incident. He knows it upsets me and he didn't need to take his frustration out on me. Was it necessary to bring it up then? I only wanted to take part in a competition, I probably wouldn't get through anyway but just getting to see Justin Bieber in the flesh was a prize itself. Could he really be so mean to deprive me from something that really made me happy? Especially after all the upset me and my dad had both gone through?

          I decided I'd ask anyway, it wouldn't be fair if he said no. Right? "Dad, Justin Bieber is doing his 'My World' concert. you know all about this right?" I said and he nodded, a confusion written all over his face to say 'whats this Bieber boy got to do with anything?' he'd usually say when I brought up my idol. "Well anyway. In 16 days, he's doing auditions for his fans to have the chance to be his back up dancers. I was- I was wondering if I could audition." I gulped nervously.

          He looked confused, and thoughtful. Not an expression I was expecting. "Come on, Dad. You know how much I love Justin, and just how much dance means to me." I added, my voice begging.

          "Say you got through; which, would be very unlikely Charlotte... you do understand that right? I don't think you should get your hopes up too much." He said warningly, and I nodded. It was basically impossible. Only six girls out of all that would audition. I didn't expect to get through, but having the chance to dance in front of my idol would be a dream come true. "But, say you got in... how long would you be his back up dancer for?"

          "Well, this is the thing dad." I started, not sure how I could break this to him. "I'd be away for 4 months, touring America, I would have to take some time off school but it would totally make me happy-"

          Suddenly anger struck across his face, which interrupted me from speaking. But when lightning struck, thunder always followed...

          "Charlotte! How could you expect me to let you go around the world for 4 months with total strangers?" He shouted at me, his voice booming and filling the whole house, his face growing redder. "Especially since your mum passed away, I cant let you go away too. Especially not for a third of a year!"

          I knew I had no chance now, but for some reason, my anger built up too. It wasn't fair that I couldn't go, just because my mother passed away. If she was still here, she'd want me to be happy, she would of supported me through this... He didn't need to reply. "I will be going to the auditions, with or without your permission!" I shouted back at him. I ran upstairs, into my room and locked the door. I put on the speakers loud, and danced my usual routine, but it was harder to remember. With so many thoughts were running through my mind, I could barely remember the steps.

          I cralled into my bed, hugging my picture frame that held a picture of my mum, and I cried myself to sleep, thinking sweet memories of my poor mum before she got ill.