Chapter 3

*Kenneth POV*

If only I could tell her how much I was hurt when I knew that she fell inlove on someone else rather than me. Everytime I'm thinking about her makes me more of missing her so much, I don't know why does she kept on ignoring my affections towards her.

I decided to maintain on showing up myself to her because of Hyson's favor to help him bring back Syrene, but I won't do it just for him. I tried to have talk with Hyson at his house.

"What brings you here, Kenneth?"

"I just want to tell you that Syrene's back from Canada" I told him.

"Really? How is she?" he asked.

"She's fine, everything from her was changed.. mostly her personality"

"What do you mean?" he asked.

"She became more strong unlike before" I replied.

Hyson was speechless, and he's obvious as a guilty guy.

"Why can't you just stop? It's been 4 years already, she doesn't want you to be back on her life again"

I told him confrontly.

"You're asking me to stop it? Kenneth, we had many nights together, I've seen her body and everything about her for so long then you're telling me to stop?"

he answered.

"Those nights, it happened to be a mistake"

"What?"

"She told that meeting you on the first place was a mistake" I said.

"No! No.." he said.

"Hyson, don't hurt her anymore"

I told him.

He look at me shockingly and scoffs.

"Are you some kind of her guardian angel? Don't tell me that you're trying to warn me!"

"Yes, I am.." I told him.

Then, I added..

"Bro, those nights you were talking about is just Syrene's painful pasts..."

He suddenly stand up and punch me very hard. I got down on the floor, then he holds my shirt and lift me.

"That's not true! Shut up Kenneth, shut up!" he shouted.

"I won't! Syrene's been hurt by you! For almost 4 years, she received those pain and shattered feelings"

I strongly answered.

Hyson started to cry infront of me and his grip slowly loses.

"No... I just want to tell her that I'm sorry" he cried as he kneel down.

I stand up and watch him painfully repent onto what he had done.

"Please~ Help me.. I love her, I want her... back~" he added.

No, this time... She deserve my love, care and safeness. I will protect her not like you Hyson. I'm not like you, I couldn't be like you and I won't be like you.

Why am I like this, wanting for Syrene's love?

When I was in high school, Syrene was a naughty girl on a good way. I was a transferee nerd that time and most of my classmates are bullying me. But, Syrene stand up for me and even saved me from those bullies. She was really a strong girl, but has a good heart inside.

We became bestfriends until we graduated in college. But, the days of being alone had come for us mostly for me, she fell inlove onto a guy that at first I didn't know that was Hyson. He is my long-time bestfriend on my past grade school years, he left going to Japan when he was about to enter the high school life.

Syrene met him when they both had a reunion party with our colleagues from gradeschool to college. And it had the chance that some of Syrene's highschool friends are Hyson's classmates when he's on the gradeschool.

Yes, they met. Got to know everything about each other, and later on they become on. When Syrene's family knew about the late nights that there's something happening with both Hyson and Syrene, they kick out her from their family.

Syrene thought that I'm having the same plan with Hyson when she knew him cheating on her. Because of that, Syrene formed a great anger against me and Hyson.