Chapter 4

^^^^^^^^^^^
Maya

Ro P.O.V.

"Girly. Thank goodness. It feels like I haven't seen you in forever."

I laugh as Maya hugs me with a death grip.

Trying to catch my breath, I hoarsely say, "You saw me this morning."

"I know but you and Julian have a lot more classes than me and you."

"Me and him only have two together."

She quickly interrupts saying, "Exactly we only have one."

"Well we're gonna be late for that one if you don't hurry up."

We both walked as fast as we could to our favorite class, Art. We were in advanced art this year. Maya and I saw our familiar art fam faces. Julian, Amanda, and Ana sat in the front two rows. They saved two seats in the very front for us.

I waved to them and instantly we all embraced in a hug, except Julian.

I looked over to him, wiggled my eyebrows, and motioned for him to come over.

"C'mon you know you love us. Now come here."

"Fine. If I must."

I pulled him in, making him fall on Maya. When we pulled away I could see both him an Maya with red, hot faces. They tried to not stare at each other, which made them look like love sick kittens.

Ana quickly asked,"So how are you you too. I've missed you."

Maya answered on our behalf, "We've missed you all too. We're good, but summer was too short."

Amanda chimed in,"I know right. I did not want to wake up this morning. I thought about ditching first."

"Who do you have?", I asked.

"Mr. Ullman."

"EW". We all answered in sync. He had to be the worst teacher of all time. He had his favorites, and the rest weren't good enough if we weren't mute or had an outstanding A.  Anyone who could stand up to him had guts.

Our assignment for the day was a self portrait. We could do any representation we wanted. We all started sketching and discussing our ideas.

Amanda looked down at her paper and wrinkled her nose slightly. "I think I'll just do photography."

Ana turned to me, "What are you gonna do?"

"I think I'm going to something representing my emotions." I felt their concerned stares.

Ana smiled and said, "Maybe you could do charcoal or paint."

Julian nodded and added, "Maybe water color would work."

I smiled, "Great idea!"

Maya nudged my side. "What would do without us?"

"Oooh what a life!" I smiled.

They all turned towards me and Amanda threw paper at me. We all ended up laughing about it. The rest of the period we got to finish our sketches, and discussed anymore drama we had in the summer. It was kind of sad when it ended. But that was it day one, check.