Chapter 25

Ro P.O.V.

"You're Madeline? This whole time.."

She pulled me in and rubbed my arm gently, "Yes, Mijita. I could never tell anyone. It was too dangerous. When your dad married your mom, we took the risk and told her, but decided you shouldn't have to be at risk."

I looked at her with tear filled eyes,"But then... did my dad really die in a car crash?"

She clenched her lips as tears started forming in her eyes too,"Those people killed him too. The car crash.... was planned."

She couldn't go on and I knew it. This was too much for her to relive again.

Julian spoke up,"You should go rest."

He gave her a hand and walked her to one of the rooms slowly.

I could feel my heart breaking more every second, but I had to know everything else.

"Mom how did they find Dad and you?"

She held back a tear and cleared her throat. "Your father and I were driving back home one day from the store. We were passing a sharp turn, and so into our conversation, we didn't see the car coming head on. Your father turned as fast as he could, but lost control. We fell down the side, crashing into a large tree." She paused for a few seconds to calm her self down.

"When I finally regained myself I saw your father....dead. I could hear people heading towards the car. I left as fast I could and hid behind several bushes. I heard someone ask for results. The bastards just said 'He's dead'."

"They didn't know about me?"

"No darling. They didn't know I was pregnant. With your dad gone, they thought your grandfather's bloodline was finally gone."

Julian came back from the room. "Ro believe me, we didn't want to put you in danger. We couldn't tell you. We're sorry. I'm sorry."

I finally saw the sincerity in his eyes. I didn't reject his apologies. I didn't care he hadn't told me. How could he? Nobody could.

"Dad did you know?"

I wrapped my arms around him and let my tears fall down. He smoothed my hair down and hugged me tightly.

"When I met your mother I didn't know anything, but I fell in love. She told me when you were very little, and I swore to protect you both with my life."

I looked up and locked eyes with Luca. I instantly felt sick, staring into his eyes. Those same eyes I had fallen for, now repulsed me.

He noticed.

"I'm going to go lie down."

I started walking towards a spare bedroom near the end of the hallway, when I felt a hand grab my arm. They turned me around before I could even speak.

"Ro...I need to talk to you."

"I don't want to talk to you."

"Ro please let me -"

"NO! Enough now let go of me."

I freed my arm but he jumped in front of me.

"I am not one of them. I am nothing like him."

"But you were and your his son."

"Only by blood, but I am nothing like that man I swear."

"It doesn't matter. You were in on it. You planned to kill me, my family. "

"Ro that is not true! I would never hurt you.."

I scoffed back, "HURT ME??!! You always hurt me. When I first came here you practically choked me to death, you insulted, yelled at me. You purposely made me trust you. UGHHHH I can't belive I actually thought you were, I lik- . This. Is done. I'm done."

He grabbed my arm and pushed me against a wall, placing his hands on my shoulders making sure I couldn't leave.

"Ro I never want to hurt you. My father always taught me that your family was the enemy. But when I met you...everything changed. You made my life brighter. I finally felt happy and had a reason to wake up in the morning. I fell for you completely."

He moved in closer, until our faces were breathes away. His eyes never left mine, as he loosened his grip on my shoulders.

"Ro, I love you."

His shoulders sank as he waited for my answer. He just stared into my eyes, pleading.

I looked down, then towards my grandma's room. I couldn't.

Without any sympathy I looked into his eyes again,"I hate you.."

His arms dropped and his gaze fell to the floor. He didn't say another word when I started walking away. I couldn't turn back.

I slammed the door with all my strength and pushed up against it. I slid down, pulling my knees in.

I can feel the hot tears stream down my face. I cover my mouth with my hand to muffle my cries, but this time is different.

I had cried tears of pain and sadness, but these were tears of heartbreak.