Chapter 7

"Well what do you plan to do with her? She doesn't know anything."

"How can you be so sure It seems like you d-"

"Shut up. You know damn well that I am faithful, but we need to be wise. "

"Well let him deal with her. There must be something he can use her for. Haha."

"Shut up she's waking up"

Ro stirred in the chains and breathed in the cold, damp air. It smelled like rotting iron and mud. She began to gag, but held her mouth shut. Her eyes felt swollen and her head felt as if someone had struck her several times with a hammer, while drilling a nail into her temples.

She tried to move her arms, but immediately flinched. The pain went coursing through her entire torso and abdomen. All she could manage was a hiss.

She didn't know where she was, but she knew she had to open her eyes. Struggling, she slowly peered them open, one at a time. She focused on the small crack of light coming from the ceiling, which fell directly into her right eye.

The rest of the room was dim, but after a second view she saw it wasn't a room. She was in some kind of cave or tunnel. Alone.

She looked up to hands. They were raw and bleeding. She could see the scabs were already forming, but the metal stood in their way of closing.

Two voices echoed in the cave. She couldn't see them, but heard footsteps.

Well well well. Hello there princess.

Ro muttered out. "Who-"

Thud. She was out cold.

~~~~~~~~~~

A second time Ro felt light on her eyes. She could still feel her head throbbing. She searched her surrounding and stretched her fingers. She clutched something. Fabric. In one swift movement she opened her eyes and lifted herself.

She saw a large vanity mirror filled with cosmetic, mostly expensive brands. A closet was to the right, filled with clothes. A large white rug was on the floor in front of the bed, and the bed she was in was a king size mattress. The quilt was purple with golden, intriquite designs. It held about a dozen pillows.

She moved her arm, which was still sore, over her eyes to block the excessive light. A large window was on the far right with a balcony. The curtains were made of silk and flowed softly as the air came in through the small opening.

She heard a knock on the door and  quickly turned to see who it was.

A middle aged woman came in carrying fresh, folded towels. She was wearing a maids dress with a white apron. Her graying, blonde hair was tied back into a bun. Her blue eyes
looked to Ro with a look of sympathy.

"Child don't be so frightened. You'll give yourself a heart attack with all that fright."

Holding her breath Ro whispered, "Whe.. where am I?"

"Spain my dear."

The lady went into the large bathroom to put the towells inside. She then went to the closet and picked a light purple,knee-high, laced dress. She grabbed a matching silk belt and black ankle boots.

She turned around to Ro and saw the fear in her face. She loosened her stern stare and formed a small smile.

"My name's Elizabeth by the way dear. Now c'mon we must get you dressed."

Ro pushed herself off the bed, but walked slowly towards Elizabeth.

"How did I get to Spain and why?"

She was motioned to sit at the vanity , which she obeyed. Elizabeth grabbed the brush and began to softly brush Ro's hair. She let out a soft sigh and began to speak.

"I can't tell you dear, but you will know soon enough. But I promise you that you won't get hurt. You can trust me."

Ro relaxed her shoulders a bit as she looked at Elizabeth's soft face. Somehow she felt obliged to trust her. She didn't seem evil in any way and almost reminded her of her grandmother.

"My name's Rose by the way, but most of my friends call me Ro."

"Well nice to meet you Ro."

"Now which lipstick would you like?"

Ro let out a soft giggle and pointed to the pale pink gloss.

"Okay." Elizabeth set the brush down and added, "After your make up is done, go and change into the dress I picked out l, okay dear?"

Ro, completely calm now, responded with a simple "Okay."