Chapter 20

Luca P.O.V

Today felt off, since I woke up a strange feeling covered my thoughts
The servants were ordered to the garden, for outside maintenance. It wasn't like my dad to get rid of every servant in the house.

The only relief was the time I get to finish the letter. I need to know who the queen is. I opened my drawer and unfold the letter. I sit on my bed and overlook it again.

"I expect her to be greeted with all the respect she deserves..... Viva la Reina ....R.C."

R.C?? Who..

"HHHEEEEEEELLLLLLPPPPP!!!"

"RO."

I throw the door open and sprint down the hall. The screams keep growing. I must be close. When I reach the stairs I hear them again.

"STOP PLEEEEEEAAASSEE HELP!!!"

My blood begins to boil and I practically fly up the stairs, completely enraged. I make it to office door and pound on it. I yank the handle but its closed shut. I grab a wooden chair and slam it against the door. Splinters fill my fingers and blood begins to drip down my arm, but I can't give up. I finally break the handle and throw the door open.

I catch myself and turn to the back wall. Ro sees me and pleads through her sobs,"LUCA PLEASE HELP ME!"

I grab a book off the shelf and slam it down on my father's head. He breaks his hold on her, and loses his balance. I grab Ro's hand and pull her close to my side.

My father looks up with enraged eyes and screams,"LUCA MOVE!"

I scream back,"NO, GET AWAY FROM HER!!"

"I am giving you one chance to mave away, or else."

"How could you do this?!?"

"I had to! She is the last generation of Gabriel, she has to be eliminated."

"Then why make her queen? I know your plan!"

"A simple cover up."

"YOU SICKO! She's my age!"

He catches his breathe and walks towards us after cleaning his bloody lip. "I knew you were weak"

His fist crashed into my cheek. The iron taste filled my mouth, as he struck again and pushed me over. I clenched over in pain, while he kicked my sides. I blocked as much as I could while spatting out blood.

Before he could reach Ro, I pulled his leg, receiving another blow to my face.

Ro reached for whatever she could and crashed it on his head. She grabbed a piece from the chair I had used and broke it on my dad's back, making him tumble to the floor.

I reach out for Ro's hand and pull myself up.

"We have to go now."

She placed her arm under my shoulder and caressed my swollen cheek with care. "Can you walk?"

"Yes. Now let's go."

We ran as much as we could until we made it to the back door in the kitchen. Ro opened the door and I followed closely behind.

We ran past the large tree, near the woods making sure to keep looking forward. We broke through the bushes and branches until we reached the other side of the territory. I pushed Ro up the fence, and pulled myself up, ignoring my throbbing sides and swollen cheeks.

We finally stopped to catch our breathe under a small hill covered by tall bushes and overbearing trees.

I turned to Ro and wrapped my arms around her, trying to calm her down.

"I am so sorry Ro I should've been there for you."

"But you were. You saved me."

"But i didnt show up sooner. I should've been there to protect you against that bastard."

She hugged me tighter making me slightly wince.

"Im sorry... your ribs."

"It's okay, I'm fine."

"No you're not. You're really hurt. Let me see."

"No. Ro I don't want to worry you even more."

"Luca -"

"Ro please.."

I cupped her face in my hand and wiped her tear away. Even now she was just so gorgeous. I leaned in until my lips barely hovered hers. Finally, I closed the gap and started slowly planting a delicate kiss on her soft lips.

She tangled her hand in my hair as I pulled her closer. I placed my other hand on her waist and deepened the kiss.

I felt no pain, or anger, in that moment I only felt her. Everything around us melted away, as the passion swelled inside. We were only forced to break away by the need to breathe.

I placed my forehead on hers and looked into her beautiful, mysterious eyes. "You're the most beautiful being I have ever seen."

Her cheeks flushed bright red and a small smile formed on her lips.

"Luca I really li-"

"ROSE"

We snapped our attention to the voice. A tall, bruised man stepped out of the bushes. He looked to be our age.

Ro jumped up and ran to him, wrapping her arms around him, making me feel a strike of jealousy.

"Julian!"