Chapter 26 pt.1

Luca P.O.V

I couldn't take this anymore, I need to see her. 'I hate you' Those words still haunted me. I couldn't get them out out of my head.

I didn't blame her for feeling this way. It wasn't her fault, it was mine.

I shouldn't have listened to my stupid father. I was an idiot, hell I still am one. He didn't even care I was his son. I am nothing to him, but another minion.

That's it I have to talk to her even if it's one last time. I can't wait another two days. I know what's coming, and I need to warn her.

I'll do what it takes to keep her safe.

I took in a deep breathe and opened the door, turning towards her room.

I just have to do it. I knock, but there's no answer. I knock again, nothing. Before completely giving up I knock one last time.

A yell breaks the silence,"Go away!"

I chuckle, "I knew you were in there."

Ro threw the door open. Her eyes were red and puffy, but her face showed anger and resentment.

I mentally punched myself in the face for putting her through this.

"I heard you the first time. I don't wanna talk to you."

"Wait!" I rushed to the door before she could close it. "We need to talk, even if it's the last time. It's for your safety and your family's please."

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪
The day before......
▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

I was still in shock at what I told Luca. I had cried myself to sleep, and stayed in my room the whole day.

I still have so many questions, but no answers. My mind keeps going back to the day of the attack on the school.

I was to blame. If it wasn't for me, they wouldn't have been there. Nobody would've been hurt, or died....

The tears I had tried holding in fell again. I'm sick of crying, but I can't help it.

I hear a knock at the door, but don't get up. Another knock. Don't get up, I mentally tell myself.

A voice comes through the door, "Ro it's me, Julian... Can I come in?

I was hesistant, but decided to open the door. Julian was standing in the hallway with a large mug and a muffin.

"Here, you need to eat."

He handed me the drink and muffin. I placed them on a small desk, and sat on the chair.

I took a sip of the black coffee, letting it ease my thoughts.

Julian sat on the corner of the bed,"I wanted to apologize again. I know it's a lot of new information and it's hard to process."

I didn't turn around but answered,"I forgive you...it wasn't your fault."

I swear I can feel him smile from behind.

"I'm so relieved. Ro I wanna tell you everything."

I let out a sigh and turn the chair around, still holding the warm mug.

I try to smile," So...you're 23."

He let out a nervous laugh,"Oh yeah..that."

I smirked back,"Yeah, that."