Chapter 19

******Trigger Warning****

Ro P.O.V.

I wake up to knocking at my door. I push myself up but refuse to open my eyes. I am not a morning person, and these early mornings are a curse.

Elizabeth knocked again and asked, "Ro are you almost ready?"

"It's too early..." I yawned laying down again.

"The Master wishes to see you. Now."

I jumped out of the bed and raced to the closet. I hadn't seen the King, or master, or whatever he's called in days. My heart pounded and my fingers started to shake as I pulled off my nightgown. What did he want? Why so urgent?

I opened the door, but didn't see Elizabeth. I figured she had chores to do. I made my way to the office, and was surprised to not see Luca, or any guards, or anybody.

The halls were completely silent, only adding to my anxiety.

I looked up at the door and took in a few deep breathes before knocking.

A deep, harsh voice answered, "Enter."

I crept through the door slowly, without making any obnoxious movements or sounds.

The man was sitting in his chair, facing the back wall. Without turning around he motioned for me to sit. I complied

"Do you know why I've called you?"

"...No..I do not."

"Hmmm..." He turned around slowly making direct eye contact with me. His eyes raked over me like the first time I saw him, and again they left no part uninspected. His stare alone made me feel violated.

He continued, "You see we've had some security issues recently. Our borders were passed by some rebels. Luckily, we took care of them, but I'm afraid we haven't seen the end of them."

He stood up and slowly walked towards me, still holding his stare. Every inch he came nearer, I could feel my throat swell, striving for more air.

"You see Ro, they were looking for something. Do you know what that is?"

All color drained from my face, and a coldness overtook me. My throat felt dry and stiff; unable to make sounds.

I finally muttered out,"No...."

Without warning he yanked me up from the chair with brutal force and slammed me against the back wall. He gripped my arms with one hand above my head, and held my leg with the other. I froze.

He leaned in closer and caressed my cheek with his fingers. I flinched at the contact.

"L-let me go!" I screamed in terror.

He continued caressing my cheek and leaned in to my neck, planting kisses along it. I squirmed and tried to kick but he pushed me back again with even more force.

He whispered softly into my ear,"Shhh.... I'm not going to hurt you. If you listen carefully and do exactly as I say."

I just nodded in complete terror.

"Good..."

"What do you want?"

"I'll make a deal with you. I know your family is here to save you, and I know how much you love them, and would hate for something to happen to them right?"

"You wouldn't dare...."

"If you agree to marry me, I will spare your family or else they'll end up like that boy. What's his name?.....Julian."

My heart dropped at his name. Julian couldn't be dead. HE COULDN'T. I couldn't contain my screams anymore, "DON'T YOU DARE LAY A FINGER ON THEM!!"

He kicked his knee into my leg, making me groan in pain. "DO NOT RAISE YOUR VOICE TO ME!"

"Do not forget where you are, or I may just lose my patience and make you mine right now.."

His hand trailed my waist before reaching the hem of my dress. He lifted it slightly and his fingers trailed up.

Tears rolled down my cheeks without end. This could not be happening. I won't let this happen. I shook his grip violently and tried to kick him with my one free leg. My screams filled the room as I cried for anyone, ANYONE, to help.

"HHHEEEEEEELLLLLLPPPPP!!!!"