Chapter 9

Ro P.OV.

It's been four days and I have not had a moment to myself except for when I showered and went to sleep and even then a new guard would be there for the night, or the beast would wait outside my door. I needed to know more about this place, but I had to be careful.

I take a deep breathe and open the door. Sure enough to my right was the beast. We walked in complete silence as I headed to the gardens. This was the only place I had not seen.

A large tree caught my attention because it stood alone and away from anyone else. The trunk was massive and I stood still for a moment just observing the leaves.

The branches softly moved in the light breeze. Little rays of light managed to pass through them.

For just a moment everything felt okay. I didn't feel like I couldn't breathe, or felt like crying again from not being able to talk to my family, or worry for their safety. I just felt free. Then the spell broke.

I was ready to leave, but something caught my attention. Near the base of the tree was a G and M with a heart in between them. I felt like this was familiar to me, but I didn't know how. It was impossible.

Quickly my thoughts were interrupted by screaming.

One of the maids came running towards us , stumbling, and panting until she reached us. Her hair was a mess and her eyes only held fear in them. Managing to to speak in between breaths she pointed to the woods.

"Master. There are intruders on the South side. "

"WHAT?!" The boy spoke with complete authority and anger. "Does my fa-"

The maid quickly interrupted. "He does. He orders you to seek the guards in the North immediately. "

For the first time in days he turns to acknowledge me. "And the girl?"

"I will take her inside."

"Keep her in her room. She must never leave."

The maid nodded and grabbed my arms, pulling me towards the estate. I only turned once and saw three men reach the boy. They brought him a horse, which he quickly mounted. I quickly turned around, but the screams still haunted me. I know what to ask the man today.

~~~~~~
Two hours later

I reached the study's wooden doors and stopped in front. I could hear faint noises from within. I was too curious not to hear. I was able to make most of them out.

I knew the man's voice from how deep it was and emotionless. "You should have been on Patrol. You know your job."

The boy came next. "I would if wasn't having to take care of that brat. Why can't one of the guards watch her."

"You know that's not possi-"

"Why? WHY What do you want with her. Are-"

"Boy know your-!"

"Not until I know why why. It's not my job and I hate it. You have no ri-"

A loud clap silenced the room. Followed by a thud, which shook the entire room.

The man slowly began to speak again. "Next time know your place and we won't have an issue. Understood."

"Yes.... Father..."

Luca P.O.V.

I opened the door and saw her take a step back. I knew she had been listening and I felt a small surge of embarrassment, but there was no way I would let that show. She looked at me skeptically, but was hiding any other emotion. Maybe she wasn't as she appeared to be.