Chapter 17

RO P.O.V

Bang

I jump at the loud hit on my window and move back. I peer through the curtains, and see a branch by the window.

"I've gotta get myself together.." I mumble to myself.

I've spent another night re-reading the journal and looking at the pictures. The picture of Gabriel still seems so similar to me, but I don't know why.

I find pictures of him as a child, teenager, and with his parents, but I can't find one of his with the girl. Whatever her name is.

She didnt put her name in her journal, which seems bizarre but I can't do anything about it.

However, the white rose is this family's crest. Every member has it on their suit or dress. I still don't know why they were dethroned or killed or what happened to the girl.

I wonder if Gabriel, his wife, and the baby survived. Where would they be?

"I've gotta ask Luca about him, even if it kills me, and I should probably stop talking to myself...."

If anyone heard me they'd think I was going crazy.

I hid the books underneath my mattress and turned off the lights. I was exhausted and I could have sworn the bed was made from a cloud. I adjusted myself and moved the pillows around, added blankets, took some off, and it wasn't long before I realized I was not going to sleep tonight.

I had so many questions that I had to ask Luca....

I felt a small smile form on my face as I said his name in my head. Luca. Ughh I couldn't keep him out of my mind.

I hated the guy when we first met, but now I felt.. different. I remembered his piercing eyes that frightened me at first, but now entranced me. I loved how hair fell slightly over his eyes or that smirk he would do when he tried to hold back a smile.

I couldn't believe I had done the unimaginable, kiss him. I mean me, bullied, unattractive, boring, nerd me.

We completely fell into the kiss and perfectly molded to each other. It wasn't rough as I expected, but soft and passionate. I hadn't wanted it end, and I won't lie and say I wouldn't do it again, but I felt guilty?

I think about Julian and all the time we spent together. He had helped me through so much, but... Luca was different. I never felt what I do now for Julian.

Ughhh 7:50 AM

I need to rest if I want to get anything done. I finally shut off my thoughts and drift off to sleep, hoping for more answers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Filler chapter
but
Who would you choose? Julian or Luca 🤔