Chapter 13

March 23, 1949

I don't know how else to control my worries, but write them. Gabriel is in a meeting today to discuss the riots that occurring in the nearby by towns. 
He is supposed to be crowned King in a few days.

He has been so busy that I can't find time to tell him. I don't even know if he'll be happy. We're so young. He's only 21 and I'm 18.

I have to find a way to tell him tonight. I'll just walk up to him and say it. I'm pregnant.

Well, here goes nothing.

~~~
Ro read through a few more entry's. She learned whoever these teens were, they were both happy about their baby. The girl had written every day for five months. She had expressed her feelings about her pregnancy, how the small kicks felt, how her life as the new queen would be, and of the riots. These seemed to be getting worse each time.

Ro read gruesome descriptions of wounded soldiers and tried to skip some of the ones explaining how innocent children watched as their parents were slaughtered before their own eyes.

Near the end she read another excerpt that brought tears to her eyes. It said, 'I have no form to describe the pain I feel. I..wish I could just wake up. I told them to come with us. It would have been safer. Those monsters didn't even show any kindness to my sister's. They were just kids. How could you.....How could they treat them like that. They were innocent, but they took that away before ..killing them.  They made my own mother watch.

I have no one else now, only Gabriel and my baby.'

Tears just kept flowing down Ro's cheeks without slowing down. She used her sleeve to wipe them away.

This poor girl was so young and suffered so much.

She skipped to the last excerpt, but it left her even more confused and worried. All it said was,'Que Dios me ayude(May God help me).I will fight for my baby'

Ro opened the photo album and searched for a Gabriel. She didn't know the girl's name, but she knew his. Near the end she found him. Rey Gabriel Castellano. He had light brown hair, sharp features, slightly tanned skin and stormy, striking silver eyes. They almost reminded Ro of her own. There was something familiar about this person, but she didn't know what.

The small clock ticked in the background. It was nearly 7. Ro decided it was time for a nap since she wouldn't be expected until later in the morning.

She needed to know more about Gabriel and why he felt familiar.