Chapter 24

"The Coronation is about to begin your highness, where is the Master?"

"I will go find him"

I mumbled to myself,"Where's Gabriel? He wouldn't miss this."

I decided to search every room, ask every servant. No one has seen him

He had left to buy a crib and all the necessities for the baby. When he came back we learned about intruders on our Western border. He had a meeting with the General. I hadn't seen him since I gave him a hug before the meeting.

Now I was really worried. My heart began pounding, as I tried to control myself. I had to remain calm for us.

I found the bishop and hurried towards him. "Sir Fre-"

AAHHHHHHHHH!

A woman screamed and  pointed towards the ceiling. A lifeless, blood soaked body dangled from one the balconys.

A panic broke out, making everyone run to the nearest door. Some were trampled on by the mobs, furniture was thrown, shouts and screams of terror were heard.

The head guard grabbed my arm and shouted,"Your Majesty come this way!"

I immediately followed. We ran towards the woods, into the secret bunker.

"In here your Majesty."

They shut all the doors and placed anything they could in front of the entrances.

I could feel my hands tremble in fear. I can hear all the screams coming from outside. Pleads for mercy, slashes from swords, and gagging.

All I can think of is my husband.

I face my head guard."Where is Gabriel?"

His lips form a thin line, trying to hide any emotion. But a single tear fell from his eyes. "He has been...... murdered."

I break.

" WHAT?? NO TELL ME IT'S NOT TRUE.??!??"

"I'm sorry your Majesty we-"

"NOO NO THIS CAN'T BE TRUE
HE'S ALIVE I'LL FIND HIM !!"

"No you must stay here."

"I CAN'T JUST LEAVE HIM I KNOW HE'SOUT THERE?!?!!"

"Gabriel ordered us to keep you safe, in here."

Tears started pouring down my face. I could only feel cold, numb; I feel lifeless. I just let go and fall on the ground. I kneel down and let out a blood curdling cry.

I manage to whisper between sobs,"I didn't get to say goodbye....."

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

We've been in the bunker for five days. I couldn't bare to move. I just layed still on the bed staring at the wall, thinking of nothing.

Gabriel was gone.... My family had been executed. My innocent little sisters had been murdered. I was alone.

"Madeline."

I made no interest in moving.

"Madeline, it's safe. We can go up now."

I turned my head to look at my head guard, Fernando.

I wanted to see his face for reassurance.