Chapter 27

"Grab her arm!"
Ahhhhhhhh "Let me go. Please. Let ME GO!"

"SHE WON'T SHUT UP!"

Carlos shouts out to the man grabbing Ro, "Then make her shut up IDIOTA!"

A hard blow strucks Ro's side, as her sight drops lower. Inside she is screaming bloody murder, crying, scratching, and pleading to be let go; but no one can hear her. She can feel the warm stream of blood falling from her brow. The light casted by the moon, starting to fade as well.

Everything seems so still and cold now, but this cannot be it. The screaming man cannot be the last thing Ro hears, or at least what she wishes to hear. Except, she can barely make out a voice in the distance, and a shadow leaping towards her.

"Ro... Ro...!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ro P.O.V

"Ro.....Ro RO WAKE UP!"

"..Luca?..,"I mumble.

"RO WE HAVE TO LEAVE NOW. C'MON," he shouts, pulling me towards him and into the dark hallway.

I can hear my mother shouting for me from her room. We run into their room and shut the door behind us. Julian asks Luca to help shove a large bookshelf in front of it, and my father piles on anything he can find.

Shouts filled the bunker from all directions. Furniture being turned over, plates thrown into the wall, pounding on the doors, and then the hushed silence we kept.

Walking carefully to not make a sound, I hug my mother tightly.

"There has to be another way out," I whisper.

Looking at me with tear filled eyes she responds,"Ro you have to promise me.."

"Mom-," I interrupt not wanting to hear what she has to say, but she pushes on.

"Ro I need to say this. If anything happens to your dad and I, your grandmother, or Julian I need you to be brave. Take this."

She hands me a locket with the white rose painted on it. I trace gently over the delicate design, then clasp my hand around it.

"If you are ever in danger use this," she says pointing towards the locket, "I love you so much darling. I want you to know that. Mi bella Rosa(My beautiful Rose."

I hug her again and cry into her shoulder. I hate being so weak, but there is only so much more I can take.
She pulls away from me and motions Luca over. My father steps in and hands him a gold ring, mirroring my locket. We both give them puzzling faces, but they reassure us they are merely for our protection.

A bang breaks our conversation, as the door is hit with brutal force. Julian throws a few in front,then turns to my parents with a face of desperation.

My grandmother speaks up,"That won't last for long. We have to leave now."

She goes to the closet, throwing everything in site, revealing a door. How many more hidden things are in this place?

"Let's go."

"DON'T MOVE!!"

The world seems frozen, and I am just numb, mute, and lost. I stare at the men pointing guns directly at us, ready to shoot, but can't hear a word they say. They motion for us to kneel down and throw any weapons to the side. I see my family obeying, but I....can't.

The man gets closer to me, pointing the gun at my face. He's inches from me, just yelling at the top of his lungs. He's warning me about not obeying, how he'll kill me right there, how Carlos doesn't care if I'm captured dead or alive. Then it happens.....

BANG!!

"ANGELICA!!"

"MOM!!!!!!"

Grabbing my hand the man pulls my arms back, firmly keeping me in place. His hand muffles my screaming while I can only watch.

"LET HER GO!,"Luca charges towards the man with a glass shard and drives it into his shoulder, forcing him to let go. Luca grabs my hand, leading us to the door, but I scream for my mom.

Blood is pouring from the wound on her side. Tears start fogging my vision.  I need to get to her. I can't leave her, but I hear my Dad yelling from the doorway.

"RO WE HAVE TO GO!"

He pulls me inside and shuts the door, just as another gunshot fires. Mom?.....

We run down the tunnel until we reach a cave.

My father shouts,"JULIAN NOW!!"

He wraps his arms around me and I hug him as tight as I can. An explosion breaks the wooden poles holding up the tunnel. The roof of the tunnel collapses in seconds. Smoke and debris fill the air and the way we came in here is gone.

My silent thoughts finally break through. "MOM MOM MOMMM!!!!"

I pull away and run to the now closed opening. I claw with all my might at the pile of rocks, until my fingertips start to bleed. I can feel the stinging, but I don't care. I have to save her. I have to help her.

"Mommmm.. MAMI  MOM!," I wail desperately. I barely catch my breathe in between screams. I finally collapse on the ground pounding on the floor in desperate rage. Luca kneels beside me, gently placing his hand on my back. I crash myself into him and cry into his shoulder.

He whispers into my ear,"I'm here. It's okay. I'm here...."

"But..she may still..?,"I muttered looking into his eyes.

"No mijita,"my dad answered with a low voice," she's gone."

"No...she can't.  SHE'S NOT DEAD!."

My pain begins shifting to anger and resentment. I walk towards my dad and yell at the top of my lungs. I pound on his chest with complete hatred. He tries to calm me down and hold my hands, but I just yell even louder.

"YOU DIDN'T LET ME SAVE HER! SHE COULD'VE BEEN WITH US. YOU LEFT HER...You left her....You..."

I stop hitting and just let him hug me. We both cry and hold eachother tighter, as if we're afraid to lose one another as well.

He whispers,"I'm gonna miss her too." 

Julian breaks the sad moment,"Where's Madeline?"

My dad  looks up,"They must've taken her."

"We have to save her."

"Ro we have to think carefully."

"Carefully," I scoff, "We can't just leave her. They'll kill her!"

"Ro we all made the decision to get you to safety at any cost. Even if it meant leaving someone behind. We are not going back!"

"Dad... This has to end now. If Carlos wants a war then he's going to get one."

Luca cuts in,"I'm afraid its already started."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: DUN DUN DUN 😂 OK I wasn't sure about killing off a character(honestly was so hard to write), but I had thought about it for a long time and it fit with the ending developement. I hope you like it and if you do vote and comment. I really appreciate it and thank you once again. 🖤🖤