Chapter 15

Darkness covered the room with the moon being the faint source of light. There were no sounds or movements, just quiet. Julian gripped the cloth covering the windows and pulled it closed. His jaw tightened and his mind continued to race.

A hand landed on his shoulder with a strong grip. A low strong voice slowly proceeded to speak. "What's the plan..son?"

A large poster was thrown onto a wooden table and spread out harshly. The trackers had managed to find every border, town, and estates.

Julian never once looked away from the paper as he began to speak. "We now know the basic terrain, but we need more help. We'll start from the bottom up. I want every cell, hore house, farm, school, home, shop checked out. I don't want to risk not looking in the right places for her."

His father stepped forward and asked,"Any news from the other protectors?"

"None."

"Damn." Julian's father was about to speak again when the door was thrown open. Everyone held their screams in as best as they could.

Ro's father ran in, breathing heavily. He tried to catch his breaths, but was too impatient to tell everyone the news.

With a smile from ear to ear he looked at Julian and said,"They're in. The protectors from Section 52 are in as well as Section 48."

Ro's mother gasped in shock. "But they are some of the largest groups. How did you..?"

"She is my daughter." Ro's father gripped his wife's hands and laid a small kiss on them. "And I will stop at nothing until she's safe."

Tears came rushing down her face, before she quickly regained her composure.

"Julian.."

Julian looked up and made direct eye contact with her.

She continued," We need to separate if we want to cover more ground."

"Impossible, that creates greater risk." Philip argued.

The argument continued on the necessity to separate into smaller groups with protectors. This could give them more time to search, or give the other side the advantage.

Everything was chaotic until a hushed voice spoke up. Ro's grandmother.

"We all know smaller groups is a risk, but we have no time to quarrel. It's not going to be easy, and we know our lives are at risk but we have face reality. Ro needs us."

Philip lowered his head in defeat and agreed, "How are we going to be split Julian?"

Julian looked at the paper and read out the groups. Philip and Marcus would take the Eastern borders with half of section 52. Angelina would take the Southern border with section 48. Ro's grandmother would stay in the Northern section where most of the cities and towns were. It would keep her the safest.

He would take the rest of section 52 and find a way into the castle.

One way or another they were going to find her, and then he would finally tell her everything about her past, about him, and about their future.

"Everyone understand?" Julian looked into everyone's solemn faces before continuing. "Let's end this once and for all."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wow I haven't written since last year, but hey new year new me right lol 😜