Chapter 8

Ro P.O.V

I stepped out of the room and followed Elizabeth down the large hall. The walls were covered with hundreds of pictures and extravagant furniture and art pieces filled the house. I didn't even know if it was a house. All I knew is it was huge.

We made it to a tall, wooden door. Elizabeth knocked three times and slow footsteps started their way towards it. A tall, maybe 39 year old man came out. He was light-skinned with dirty blonde, slightly wavy hair. He wore a grey suit, perfectly tailored to his figure. His eyes were piercing blue with slight gray swirled in.

His voice was loud, clear, and showed no apprehension. "Come in."

I stood there for a second before slowly walking in. Elizabeth excuses herself and suddenly I felt any confidence I had leave my body.

I could tell I was in his study. It was very old fashioned, but clean and crisp. I stood completely still scanning the room, until my eyes met his. His eyes slowly scanned me and left no part unlooked. His slight smile didn't help my embarrassment, as I felt all color drain my face.

He then looked into my eyes so intensely that I had to look away.

"The dress suits you."

I tucked a strand of loose hair behind my ear and said,"Th- thanks."

He walked over to me slowly and stood right in front of me, only centimeters away. He was well over six foot, which only made me more frightened. He grabbed my chin and pushed my head up. I looked into his eyes, trying to not whimper away. I had to admit that he was good looking, yet terrifying at the same time.

" You are not to leave the estate, but you are free to go anywhere on the grounds. You must go to the dining hall for meals on time and go to sleep at 9 sharply. You will only be allowed to ask me one question per day and only one. Is that clear?"

I nodded, never leaving his gaze. He let his hand drop from my chin, and I asked the one question I was allowed to ask today.

"How long will I be here?"

"For as long as you're needed." Another voice answered.

A younger exact replica of the man I had been talking to stepped forward. He was a bit shorter but still reached six feet. He had the exact same piercing eyes.

A sly grin formed on his face as he looked at the man, but the older one did not look pleased.

His jaw tensed as he talked to the boy. "I told you to wait until you were called." His stares lessened and he straightened up.

He grabbed my shoulder and motioned towards the boy with his hand. "He will be your guard. He will be with you from dusk till dawn. Now I must get back to work. I will see you later."

He steps out of the room, leaving me with the boy who was still glaring at me.

I gulped as quiet as I could and stretched my arm out. "Wh-"

Before I even finished I was pinned against the wall. The boy used one arm to hold my arms above my head and the other to grab my throat.

The room fell silent before he spoke.
"Listen I don't like having to guard you. I hate it and don't even think that you will get any kindness from me. I am only here to make sure you behave, but make one wrong move, Your Done!"

He let go of my throat as I fell on my knees. I gripped my neck and tried to regain my breathing. I looked up at that beast and felt nothing but hate.

He turned to walk out the door, but I stopped him in his tracks. The only things I managed to say in between breaths was,"That makes two of us."

His whole body went rigid and he clenched his fists. I braced myself, but nothing came.

He headed out of the room, slamming the door behind him. I had to get out of this hell one way or another.