Chapter 6 Pt. 2

Julian's P.O.V.

The smoke and flames covered the entrance and back door. The only way out was to run through the flames. I knew I had only a couple seconds before the entire place would cave in.

I had to find her there was no option.

I took one deep breathe. The flames brushed my skin, causing me to scream. My arms and face felt as if they were slowly being pulled off, and then acid was being pushed into the open wound.

I landed on the ground before hearing the explosion from behind me. The air began to fill with the smell of burning flesh. I held back anything from coming out.

As soon as I got to my feet I called out to her.

"Ro! Ro! Where are you?!!!"

I prayed she could hear me. I didn't know how long I was running for. I pushed anybody who was in my way. I needed to get to her. I couldn't lose her.

I heard a gunshot from my right and ducked into a corner of a building. I tried to remain still and quiet. My eyes focused on a piece of fabric lying on the ground. I picked it up carefully before dropping it immediately afterwards. I clenched my jaw and could feel anger rising from within me.

Now I knew what was behind this.

Despite the bullets flying around me I ran and called out her name. She had no idea what was going to happen. Only I knew, and I had sworn to protect her.

They would stop at nothing to kill her. She wasn't ready for this. My beautiful Rose. I thought back to her beautiful dark silver eyes and how they glowed in the sun. Her hair flowed perfectly down her back, and her smile would always make me forget everything wrong in my life. I even remembered how she slightly blushed when I held her closely in class, reassuring her that I would always be there.

I looked up and saw a figure through the black smoke. It was her. She reached out to me, but something grabbed her.

I could hear her muffled screams.
I screamed as loud as I could."Ro! Rose! Rosssseeee!"

I felt as if my lungs were being pressed together with two stones. Everything turned a dark gray. My legs began to give out, and I gasped for air, even just a breath. I felt myself drop to my knees as I clenched my throat with both hands. I couldn't take it any longer.

My body went limp and the only thing I managed to mutter was,"I'm sorry Rose."