Chapter 26 Pt. 2

Luca P.O.V

I held by breathe in, hoping she'd let me.

She didn't say a word, but gestured me to come in, as she stood by the door, leaning on the wall. She didn't look up, staring at the ground.

I went over to the chair by the mirror. It was now or never.

"Ro I know I was an ass, am one actually, but I really am sorry. I don't blame you for feeling this way or hating me. But, you need to know what's coming."

"Go on", she said with no feeling whatsoever.

"My father is going to attack. He has found all of the bunkers your family has, except this one. We never found this one, but he won't stop until your father's bloodline is killed. He's been tracking you since one of his men spotted you years ago."

"How did you find me? Or even know it was me?"

"You're the spitting image of your father, and the man had extra information. When we found you my father's plan begun. Everything was calculated, when to attack the school, how to drug you, where to hide you. Everything"

"Who was the man?"

"It was Julian's uncle."

"What? Julian's uncle, but he just disappeared one day. Nobody heard from him again."

"Exactly, he joined us. He led us straight to you. All he wanted was for his daughter to become the next princess."

"How? By marrying you?!"

I nodded. I swear I can see a tiny bit of jealousy in her voice, and I gotta admit it was pretty cute.

"Of course I refused and he wasn't too happy. He tried to attack us, but died in the process."

"What about his daughter?"

"He was a dead beat dad. She didn't even really know him. She and her family moved to the east coast and haven't bothered looking into it."

She sighed and crossed her arms again. Damn she was cute when she got angry.

"What about my family, Julian, my friends; will he kill them?"

"My father has no need for them, but I'm posistive they will fight for you until the end. If they step in...you know what will happen."

She scruched up her nose in anger, staring directly into my eyes. "Why are you telling me this?"

"Because I care about you. I don't want to see you hurt. I know a way to escape, but you have to trust me. It won't be easy, but I can get you out. You and your family. Do you trust me?"

She hesistantly walked over to me and stopped right in front of me. Her arms covered her midsection, and her eyes welled up with tears.

I looked up at her and tried to get up, but she held me down. I just stayed on the bed.

Her lips quivered as she tried to steady herself. Her eyes filled with more tears.

"If your plan is to kill me then just do it right now.

I looked at her with shock. "Ro I would never hurt you. Even if you hate me, I could never hu-"

"Hate! You don't even know how much- Hate doesn't cut it. I hate that you lied to me. You took me away from my family, my friends, my home. You attacked innocent people. You blame your father, but you're a part of it too."

She ran her hands through her hair in frustration and paced back and forth, from the door to me.

"I hate that I'm stuck here not knowing if we'll make it out alive! I hate knowing my grandma had to go through this hell and I hate that after all this.... I still love you."

"Ro..."

She turned to face the door, trying to muffle her sobs. I raced over to her, placing my hands on her shoulders. She slowly turned around to face me,  without saying anything else.

I pulled her into my arms and let her cry on my shoulder. I rested my chin on her head. This girl means everything to me. Nothing is going to take me away from her.

"Ro," I whispered.

"I love you too."

She slowly lifted her head, looking into my eyes. I wiped away her tears and rested my forehead on hers.

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

I asked Ro to gather everyone in the libing room. I need to explain my plan to them, and I can only hope they'll trust me.

With everyone's stares on me I could feel my stomach start to churn, but the one that really annoyed me was Julian. There was no way I was getting on his good side.

Ro's mother looked at me and asked,"What did you wnat to tell us Luca?"

"My father has been tracking your locations for 14 years. He is on the verge of starting a war with the other nations, and the only thing stopping him is your family. We have to evacuate the bunker. This is the only one he hasn't found, but I'm sure he will soon. I know how to leave undetected, but I need you all to trust me."

"Smh,"Julian said rolling his eyes.

I scoffed back,"Look I know I'm not on everyone's good side, but I only want to help.

Ro walked towards me and squeezed my hand gently.

She spoke up,"We know it's not safe here and Luca is the only one that knows how to leave. We need to trust him."

After what seemed like an eternity Ro's dad stood up to speak.

"What's your plan?"

"Gather all your necessities as fast as you can. We need to leave at dawn."

Julian annoyingly asked,"And where exactly are we headed?"

"We go up."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: So it's a little shorter thankfully. 😊