Chapter Four {whats wrong with Mila}

Dinah's point of view:
After lunch Normani and Camila went down for a nap, but we still had to talk to Ally. Demi was coming to babysit and both Lauren and I were grateful.

I place Ally on the couch and both Lauren and I crouch in front of her. I say "so we gotta talk baby". She nods and Lauren says "you know we love you right"? She nods and I say "we need to know if you are completely ready".

She says "yes...I am ready". I look at Lauren and smile. I say "so we're going to take this slow...so you can develop the correct headspace. We just need to know what age you think you are".

She fiddles with her fingers and says "I like...more babyish things". I smile and say "like more than Mila baby"? She says "y-yeah"...

I smile and kiss her forehead. I say "okay baby...so Lolo and I would like to know if you...would be comfortable with switching your room like Mila and Mani".

Ally says "um...yes, but just not to quick". I nod and say "of course baby, and there is always the guest room". Ally nods and says "am I still aloud to have my baba"? I nod and say "of course baby".

She smiles and hugs both Lauren and I. We hug her back and she clings to me next. I put her onto my hip and she buries her head into my neck. Lauren says "Demi will be here soon".

I nod and Ally says "baba"? I nod and Lauren starts to make a bottle. After the timer goes off for the bottle warmer Lauren gives it to me.

I walk into the living room and sit on the couch. I put the bottle into her mouth and she starts to suck on it. I smile and Lauren wraps the blanket around Ally. She starts to shut her eyes and Demi walks in the house.

Lauren walks over to her and starts to talk. Ally starts to fuss and I pat her diapered butt. She continues to suck on the bottle and Demi walks over. She kneels down and Ally looks at her. Demi says "hi baby".

Ally hides her head under the blanket and Demi says "oh my gosh! Where did the baby go"! Ally giggles and pulls the blanket down.

Demi jumps and Ally giggles. I smile and say "okay Demi. We gotta go. The baby monitors are on the counter. If the girls want a snack, it has to be either a fruit or vegetable and there is another bottle in the fridge for Ally. Make sure she takes only a thirty minute nap"- "Dinah. I've watched the girls plenty of times. I got this".

I chuckle and give Ally to Demi. Ally starts to cry and makes grabby hands for me. I kiss her forehead and Lauren does the same. I say "mama will be back soon pretty girl". Ally continues to cry and Lauren and I walk out of the house. We both squeal and get into the car without the car seats that we used for when we went to places and the girls weren't in there headspace.

I see Demi through the living room window rocking Ally back and forth and I smile. Lauren says "wow. I never thought Ally would give in that easily". I smile and say "I kind of had a feeling today would be different". She smiles and says "so what do we need to get"?

I fix my mascara and say "um...I think like bottles, pacifiers, formula, stuff like that. We don't really need toddler things". Lauren nods and I say "what if we don't have enough money"? Lauren chuckles and says "come on babe, we have so much that we can pay for like five other mansions".

I chuckle and say "okay...should we get a new baby swing? I don't think Mila wants to share". Lauren chuckles and says "boy is she a stubborn little one. I think we can look, if we have enough time let's look at stuff for the nursery, but remember we need to be at the recording studio by 3:00".

I nod and say "remember. If we see anyone, it's for my cousin". Lauren nods and we grab our wallets and phones and walk into target. We grab a cart and walk to the baby section. Lauren squeals and I shush her. She laughs and I say "okay. So what should we look for first"- "the clothes! All of the cute little clothes"!