Chapter Twenty Five {Getting back on Track}

Lauren's point of view:
        I wake up to Normani jumping on my bed and I sigh.  I say "princessa go back to sleep". She says "no mama brought surprise"!

I sit up and see a starbucks coffee, chocolate, flowers, and a note. I smile and open the note and read it.

Tears fill my eyes and I sigh. I say "okay baby. Go downstairs and let mama change". She nods and runs down the stairs and I get out of bed. I go to the bathroom and wipe away my dripped eyeliner and throw my hair in a bun.

I put on some sweatpants and a sports bra and walk down the stairs. I go to Dinah and give her a hug from behind while giving her kisses on the neck.

She turns around and smirks. I say "it's okay baby". She nods and Camila whimpers from the baby monitor. "I got it love" I say. I walk up the stairs and into Camilas room.

I feel her forehead and pick her up. Her body was warm and she was obviously sick. I lay her down on the changing table to change her diaper and she starts to cry.

I hold her chest against my skin and say "shhhh, it's okay baby". I walk down the stairs and say to Dinah "are we out of medicine? I looked last night and didn't see any". Dinah sighs and says "I guess so".

I nod and say "we have to go to the store today". She nods and sighs. I kiss her lips and say "it's okay bebe. What's done is done. And I forgive you". She nods and I take the food to the table.

Dinah puts Normani in her chair and I put Camila in her Highchair. She whines and I say "I know, I know baby". I put the tray on the highchair and kiss Camilas pale forehead.

I say to Dinah "I'm going to go check on Ally. I don't want her rolling around to much".

Dinah nods and I walk up the stairs. My ankle was getting better since I was taking more medication than necessary. It wasn't exactly the safest but I was busy all the time with the babies.

I walk to Ally's room which was slowly getting turned into a nursery. I pick her up and she starts to cry harder. I say "oh mamas I know your hand hurts".

She cries into my shirt and I walk down the stairs. She says "m-mommy hand"! I rock her in my arms and Dinah walks over and says "her hand looks awful babe. Maybe let's try putting ice on it". I nod and give her to Dinah.

We walk to the kitchen and I grab an ice pack and some blankets. Dinah sits down and turns Ally in her arms so she's laying down with Dinah's arm supporting her head.

I put a blanket around Ally and she starts to cry again. Dinah starts to feed Ally and her cries are reduced by suckles.

I walk to Normani and she says "mommy food"! I chuckle and nod. I place 2 pancakes on her plate and put some eggs on the side. She instantly starts to eat and I say "don't you want some sirup on them mani girl"?

She nods happily and I put a good amount on the pancakes. She then steals it and puts the sirup on her eggs. I say "hey hey hey baby. No more no more".

She giggles mischievously and I smile. I walk to Camila and say "okay baby, let's try eating some food".

She whines and shakes her head. I put some eggs on her highchair tray and she shakes her head. I say "come on baby girl. You haven't eaten anything".

"Nana"? Camila says. I nod and get a banana and cut it in to slices. I give one to her and she smooshes it in her hand while taking bites out of it.

I smile in accomplishment and say "hey babe, we should try giving Ally some food today".

She nods and stands up. She puts Ally in her highchair (being careful of her hand of course) I put some torn up pancakes and bananas on her tray and she instantly gets intrigued.