Chapter Twenty Four {Broken bones all around}

Lauren's point of view:
        I walk to our pool in a small dress and turn on the lights. Camila was out of her headspace and decided to just put her feet in the pool.

We both sit next to eachother and she says "where's Dinah"? I shrug and she side hugs me. I sigh and say "so...how'd you even meet skyler"?

She chuckles and says "a while ago". I nod and say "you really love her". She nods and swishes her feet around in the water.

I smile and say "you guys need to go on a date". She looks up at me and I nod. She smiles and hugs me super tight. I kiss her forehead and say "let's go inside and lock up for the night".

She nods and says "can we watch a movie"? I feel her forehead and say "sure. Go pick a movie and get some popcorn and i'll be in, in a second".

She nods and starts to run into the house. Once the door is shut I feel tears go into my eyes. I take my phone out of my pocket and text Dinah: You need to come home. Where the fuck even are you?

I wipe my tears away and run my hand through my hair. I don't even know why Dinah left...

I get up and lock all the doors in the house. Normani had the key on her so I didn't really have to worry. I go to the kitchen and get a glass of wine. I walk into the living room and say "Camila what do you want to drink".

She smirks and says "chocolate milk"! I shake my head and say "baby you're still sick. The answer is no". She whines and stomps her foot. I sigh and say "fine".

I really was starting to get pissed and wasn't in the mood. I get a sippy cup and fill it with non sugar chocolate milk. I didn't want her having a tantrum but I didn't want her getting more sick from having sugar.

I sigh and go to the living room with Camilas chocolate milk and my wine. My ankle was hurting so bad but at this point I just wanted Dinah to come home...

I get on the couch and put my foot on the couch. I sigh and squeeze my eyes shut hoping to not think about the pain. Camila presses play on the movie and curls into my side while sucking on her sippy cup.

I stroke her hair and Simon walks in the door. He throws himself on the couch and says "where is everyone"? I'm about to talk when Camila says "Mama gone"...

He looks at me confused and I say "don't ask. Ally and Normani are out and this ones sick".

He nods and says "do you know why"? I shake my head and say "she just threw up". I turn the tv down and she starts to whine and kick her feet. I sigh and turn it up.

Simon raises his eyebrows and says "why didn't you scold her"? I raise my wine glass and say "Simon i'm hitting rock bottom. My ankles broken, I don't know where the hell Dinah is and Camila is sick. I can't do this by myself but apparently Dinah thinks I can".

He sighs and says "Lauren...I don't know if we can risk taking this break from tour". I look at him and say "are you fucking kidding me"? Camila looks up at me and he says "Lauren I know you broke your ankle but we can't risk the songs getting removed from the charts".

I try to keep my anger calm and I say quietly "do you really fucking think it was okay to just come over at 9 at night and tell me all this? You could've called a damn meeting". He sighs and I stand up.

I place the wine on the table deciding to not drink it anymore. I turn off the tv and say to Camila "baby girl let's go put you in your bed". She makes grabby hands and I pick her up. I look at simon and say "don't go. I need to talk to you more about this".