Chapter Eight {roadtrip}

Dinah's point of view:
         It was the next morning and Lauren and I had heard about what happened at the daycare. We were a little frustrated, but decided not to bring it up because Emily said she had handled it.

Lauren had planned a surprise and we were going to our cabin that was about 7 hours out and in the middle of the woods. We knew the girls wanted to play in the snow, so we were prepared. Clara was taking her car and that had all the presents in it. It was now about 6:00 in the morning.

I walk into Normani's room and she is still out. I chuckle and pick her up. She wiggles and I say "shh mamas. I just need to change you". She nods and I grab a cute lady bug outfit that was still comfortable.

I check her pull up, seeing as it was still dry. I sigh in relief and slide that pants and shirt over it. I put her hair into two french braids and walk down the stairs. I lay her on the couch and say "go back to sleep mamas". She nods and I put her blanket over her.

She turns onto her belly and I chuckle. Lauren walks down the stairs with Camila in an adorable outfit and I smile. I kiss Camila's forehead and kiss Lauren's lips.

She blushes and I run up the stairs. I walk into Ally's room to see her super pale. I make a sad face and pick her up. She whimpers and I say "shh baby". I take her to my room and lay her on the changing table. We had only that set up in our room to not overwhelm her.

I grab a onesie and some pants and  change her. As I am putting her hat on, she takes it off and throws it.

I laugh and grab a pacifier and place it into her mouth

I laugh and grab a pacifier and place it into her mouth. Lauren walks in and says "do you want me to take her so you can change"? I say "Um...Lo? I already did". Lauren says "oh. I'm tired". I chuckle and pick up Ally. I say "i'll start getting the girls in the car and then come back in and help grab the bags".

Lauren says "okay". I walk into Ally's room and grab her elephant blanket and big blanket. I walk down the stairs to see Normani awake. I sigh and say quietly "go back to bed baby". She shakes her head and says "where we goin'"? I say "it's a surprise, let's just say we will be in the car for awhile, so I want you to sleep while you can".

She says "uppie"? I say "in a second. I'm going to go strap sissy down and then I will come get you, okay"? She nods and I walk into the garage and open the sliding door to the car. I place Ally in her car seat and strap her in.

I put the two blankets over her and she grab the elephant in her sleep. I smile and leave the door open. I run inside and pick up Normani. She wraps her legs and arms around me and I grab her blanket.

I walk to the car and she says "is da p'ace fun"? I say "yeah baby. I'll get your milk and you need to fall asleep this time. Okay"? She nods and I place her in the car and she climbs in the back. I give her, her blanket and she buckles in.

I walk back in the house and Lauren and Clara walk down the stairs with bags. I say "thank you for helping". They nod and I walk into the kitchen. I grab the three pre-made bottles and two sippy cups. The bottles had formula in it and the sippy cups had water.