Chapter Six {A mom of three}

Dinah's point of view:
After a long night, we were finally getting all the babies to bed. We had decided to just skip baths tonight and put them all down for an early bed time.

I grab Ally's bottle from the warmer and sigh once I here cries from the baby monitor. Camila didn't get a bottle nor a pacifier tonight for being naughty and we knew it was going to be long.

I grab Ally's new blanket and walk to her room. Normani was looking at her and I chuckle. She took her big sister roll super serious. I say "okay Mani. Go get in bed and mommy and I will be in, in a second". She nods and runs out of the room.

I say "okay baby. Mama has a baba for you and your new blankie". I pull the comforter over her. It was winter, and we didn't want the girls to get sick so we took complete advantage of soft socks and baby blankets.

I give her, her blanket and place the bottle into her mouth. I say "mama loves you baby". As I walk out of the room, I hear a very quiet "love you mama". I smile and shut the door leaving only a crack open.

I walk to Camila's room and she is still wailing. I sigh and Lauren picks Camila up and sits in the rocking chair. She gives the girl her kitten and wraps her blanket around her. Lauren says "please? What about the p-a-c-i"?

I sigh and say "no Lauren. Cause then she's going to think she has control. Besides the quicker you put Camila to bed, the quicker we can have more fun tonight".

Lauren's eyes go wide and I hear giggling from behind us. I turn around and Normani says "Mama and Mommy gonna make love"!

Lauren and I laugh and I say "you little rascal". I chase her into her room and say "it's not like that baby". She giggles and I pick her up and lay her down in the bed.

I say "go nigh nigh. Okay? Do you have your pull up on"? She nods and I give her, her blanket and puppy dog. Lauren walks in the room and kneels down next to Normani. She kisses her forehead and says "night baby. Mommy loves you".

I do the same and she turns onto her stomach and says "nigh nigh Mommies". I smile and we walk out of the room. Lauren whispers "Mila wants to say goodnight". I nod and walk into the nursery.

I see Camila standing up in her crib and I say "okay baby. Mama loves you. Go nigh nigh". She makes grabby hands and I lay her down. She whines and I say "you have blankie and kitty. Now go to sleep".

She starts to cry and I walk out of the room, shutting the door behind me. I say to Lauren "let her cry it out". She sighs and gives me a sympathetic look.

I kiss her lips and say "she'll be okay". She nods and I say "okay. So do you want to get ready for bed'"? She chuckles and nods. We walk to our bedroom and jump on the bed.

I had Ally's baby monitor on my bedside and Lauren had Camila's and Normani's. She kisses my lips and then stuff got wild...

~next morning

I wake up and say to Lauren "sleep in today babe". She nods and I check the baby monitors to see all of them still asleep.

I sigh in relief and walk into the kitchen. I make coffee in the Keurig and sit on the couch. It was snowing this morning and I knew the girls would want to play. I sit there for about an hour, just reading until I hear Ally whine.

I sigh and look at the time seeing it's only 8:00 am. I walk up the stairs and into Ally's room. She says "m-mama"? I nod and say "yeah baby it's mama". She makes grabby hands and I change her diaper.

She says "c-cold". I wrap her blanket around her and grab the bottle from last night. I walk down the stairs and turn up the heat just a little. I say "i'm gonna go make your baba".