4 || year 3

(Alana)

            It's junior year now

            It's junior year now. I live in California, my mom and I moved from Paris to her husband's house.

I still haven't told them about my baby.

I'm surprised my mom hasn't asked any type of questions on why I came back to her bigger than when I left. Usually when children go missing and come back to their parents, they come back unhealthy and need a lot of food to get back to the size they were before. I came back 30 pounds heavier than when I left. 

As far as they know, I was kidnapped and went missing. No matter how many times my mom and her husband have begged me to give up what my "kidnapper" looked like so they could turn him in, I wont ever budge. Each time they ask I say I don't remember. And I also requested for them not push the case on any further. I just want them to focus on the fact that I'm back and better.

My sugar daddy and the baby also moved out here. When he heard that my mom and I were moving he got really excited because he's always wanted to move to California, so it wasn't hard to convince him to just up and leave everything in Paris.
__________
a few months later

"Okay guys, now I want you all to partner up with the person sitting on your right and you're going to get to know each other. Since you guys can't just work with each other from the start we're going to be doing some partner exercises to get you comfortable enough to be able to work with your partner."

I turned to the boy next to me and noticed he had his head down.

welp.... looks like we're gonna fail this project.

One thing I hate the most is group projects. Especially since I always seem to get the rude people that never talk or want to do anything.

Miss Spring was going to have us do some research project with a partner but no one was participating so now she has us doing stupid 'get to know me' activities until she feels like we're all friends and can work together.

Ugh, she's so annoying. I can't wait for this class to be over, how many more minutes do we have left in here anyway?

I looked at the clock.

wtf? We've only been in here for 5 minutes? Ohmigod

"Ms. Esparza, I don't see you and your partner talking back there!" Miss Spring yelled from the front of the class.

I continued to look down and not acknowledge the fact that she was talking to me.

And soon enough, I heard her heels clicking as she walked over to the table my partner and I shared.

"Bryan put your head up," she smacked the boy that sat next to me.

"Yooo what the fuck bro?" Bryan sat up and stretched.

"Okay, first of all, Mr. Courtney, I am not your bro, second of all there's absolutely no sleeping in my class, and lastly you should be speaking with your partner. I am grading this with participation points and we both know you can't afford to lose anymore points, so get to Chatting."

As soon as she walked off Bryan turned to me and mumbled something.

I think he said, and I quote, 'I hate that bitch.' But I'm not sure.

He looked at me with his tired eyes and asked, "Sooo what are we supposed to be talking about?"

"She has some cards with questions on it that she wants us to ask each other."

"For what?"

"So we're comfortable with each other," I shrugged.

"This stupid bitch...always assigning something unnecessary." He mumbled to himself again.

This time I heard what he said, clearly, so I chuckled.

He looked back up at me and asked what type of questions were on the papers, and I honestly didn't know because I hadn't even looked at the cards yet.

When we seen the type of questions she had printed out on the paper we decided to ignore it because all of them were stupid and neither of us cared to answer any of those.

We sat in silence for a quick minute before he spoke up again.

"Well since neither of us want to answer any of those dumb questions I suggest we just talk about random stuff, unless you want her to come back over here and bitch at both of us again."

I smiled, "yeah that's smart."

I knew what I wanted to ask him but I wasn't sure if he'd take it the wrong way and lash out on me or not.

I decided to take a risk and ask anyway.

"Is your last name really Courtney?" I tried not to laugh.

"Yeah," he chuckled. "I know, it's weird I have a girls first name as my last name. But it was either that or I take on my dad's last name, Pornsak. The P is silent so it's really Ornsak, but I know nobody would pronounce that right so I'm not even taking that chance."

I laughed.

"Yeah...Courtney was a smart choice."

Bryan and I continued to talk and before I knew it, it was lunch.

After lunch the day zoomed by really quick and then it was time to go home.