bonus chapter: her birthday gift

___
Alana, Skai, and August were out, in the mall doing some shopping.

Alana wanted to go out and get something for Aubrey, since it was her birthday, and she wanted to have a present for her incase she came home today.

Skai had been against the idea, since she believed her sister was the type to leave and never come back, so she thought it was a bad idea to be wasting money on a person that's never going to return home.

When Skai first heard the news about Aubrey leaving, she was shocked but not too shocked.

To her, Aubrey seemed like the type to do something like this.

It didn't really bother Skai that her sister had gone off on her own. It bothered her that her mom was so bothered. She never experienced Alana being so down about something before. She had flew out to be with her family a few days ago and for the whole 3 days that she's been there her mom had barely said a word. When Skai had shown up at the door, Alana looked disappointed to see her, as if she was hoping it would be someone else on the other side.

Skai knew her mom missed Aubrey but she wished that Alana realized that Aubrey would be perfectly fine. She knew that Aubrey was capable of handling her own business and doing her own thing. She just wished Aubrey left in a better way.

"Aw this is cute, you think she'll like this?" Alana showed an item to Skai as they looked around in one of the many stores at the mall.

"Mom she's not coming back today, I know that for sure. You shouldn't waste your money on her, go get yourself something nice. A nice spa day or some nice clothes. Anything that makes you happy." Skai told her.

"I can only hope, Skai. That's my baby girl." Alana began to get teary eyed for what seemed like the 5th time in the entire hour that they had been in the mall.

Skai sighed, "Ok you do what you want then. I'm gonna go get something to drink."

She left both Alana and August as she walked out the store and to one of the little juice shops that sat in the center of the mall.

She really hated how badly this was effecting her mom.