bonus chapter: Alana & Skai

___

[alana]

"Mom what are you doing?" Skai asked, while covering her face.

"Nothing silly. Uncover your face!" i laughed as i tried to remove her hand from infront of her face.

"Are you taking pictures of me? Stop it!" she laughed.

"But you're so cute, go over there and pose real quick so i can send a picture to grandma," i told her.

"Just one picture, that's it. You better hope it's a good one."

i laughed, "Alright."

She walked over to the spot i had just told her to go to, and she did a little smile as i quickly took a few pictures.

"Okay, times up," She walked back over to me. "Is it a good one?"

I scrolled through the three pictures I took.

"This ones cute huh?" i asked.

"Yeah it's fine. I don't think Grandma will appreciate my ripped jeans tho."

"She won't, but she'll get over it," i smiled as i sent the picture to my mom.

"Okay, lets go to Forever 21 before they close."

She skipped across the short walkway into Forever 21, as we continued to enjoy our little Mother, Daughter bonding day.

August had been gone on a business trip, while Aubrey was staying with one of her friends, so I decided it would be good to just spend some quality time and catch up with my oldest daughter Skai before she went back off to school, and that's what we did.