8 || a lil bit complicated

I walked up August's front door steps and rang the doorbell.

A few seconds later the door opened. I didn't see August standing there, or anyone at all. Until I looked down.

It was skai that opened the door.

I picked her up and covered her in kisses before walking in the house and closing the door.

"Where's dada?" I asked her.

She pointed towards the living room so that's where I went.

He was there sitting on one of the many seats in his living room.

He noticed me and started smiling

"Ayoooo baybeh What up?" He threw his hands up before getting up and walking over to me, trying to get a hug.

I put kai down and let her go run to the little play area she had set up in the living room before turning to him.

"Don't 'ayooo baby what up' me," I mimicked him, crossing my arms across my chest.

"What's wrong?" He looked confused.

"Kai opened the door. August she's two she shouldn't be opening the door when someone rings the doorbell."

"Girl, Chill. I knew it was you. I could see you get out the Uber from my window." He waved me off and went to sit back down.

"August I'm serious. What if one day you think it's someone you know but it turns out it's not them and you let her answer the door and something happens?" I went over to the chair he was in and sat on the arm of it, looking down at him.

"Girl you ain't know? I got super powers!" He started dying of laughter.

I guess he thought his joke was hilarious cause 5 minutes later he was rolling all around the floor still laughing about it.

When he was done getting out all his giggles he got off the floor and sat back down in the chair taking a deep breath before talking again.

"Come one you can't tell me that wasn't a good one." He nudged me.

"I'm being serious August. This is OUR baby we're talking about right now."

He pulled me down into the chair with him and sat me on his lap.

"Relax. You really think I would let something happen to my keke poo?"

"Eww I told you about that name," I laughed, " that nickname doesn't fit her and it has nothing to do with her name."

He laughed with me.

"I like it, and she responds to it sometimes so that means she likes it too. That's two over one, you're outnumbered, so we're keeping the nickname."

I shook my head and laughed at him again.

I'm glad we're back on good terms again.

"Oh I meant to talk to you about something." He told me.

"What?" I asked.

"Earlier on the phone, I said I love you. Why didn't you say it back?"

Aww man here we go about to argue again. Stupid bîtch... spoke too soon.

"I didn't feel like saying it." I shrugged hoping he would let it go.

I was wrong.

"What you mean, you 'didn't feel like saying it'? Is there something you wanna tell me?"

I looked deep into his eyes.

Gawd, he is so damn fine.

"No..." I said quietly.

"Yea?"

He licked his lips and I just couldn't resist myself

I reached up and kissed him.

"Mhm." He deepened the kiss.

Lets just say one thing turned to another and eventually things got heated and we decided to take it to the bedroom.