13 || years later...

___

"Congrats Alana it's a girl!"

I smiled as the doctor wiped off the gel from my stomach and handed me my ultrasound pictures from this appointment.

"Thank you Dr. Cohen."

She was such a great doctor.

As I got up and walked out I searched in my bag for my car keys.

I graduated high school a few years ago, online, and I just decided not to go to college. I knew that wasn't the way for me to go. I had never talked about college with anyone and it just didn't seem like it would fit into my busy schedule.

I have a 5 year old daughter that is about to begin her first experience ever of what school is, and I have another little princess on the way.

I live on my own now. I moved out of my mom's house right when I finished my last online course and received my diploma in the mail.

I really changed up my whole lifestyle ever since the incident with Bryan and I got myself together, and was able to get myself a good paying job and finish high school at the same time.

I was very proud of myself.

I finally made it out the doors of the hospital building and into my car.

I had to go pick up Kai from August's house.

Him and I stopped talking awhile back. We had a few serious situations where things got pretty bad and I just had to cut him off eventually. We're still not on the best terms to this day but we make it work, for Kai.

I sent him a quick text letting him know I would be there soon.

_____________

        I made a quick stop at my apartment before going to pick up Kai.

I smelled something being cooked as I walked in.

"Hey," I said as I walked into the kitchen.

"Hey, i just thought I'd drop by and see my beautiful fiancé, but I walked in and she wasn't here."

He came over and kissed me on the forehead.

I wrapped my arms around him and looked up admiring his face.

Chaz and I had been dating for a year, and then last year on New Years he proposed.

I really loved him. He was great. We got along well. He was better than all the other guys I've ever brought into my life. There was no lies, no secrets. Just us living happily and minding our own business.

"Sorry, I was at the doctors for a checkup." I smiled.

"A checkup? What are you, 3?" He joked.

I laughed.

He doesn't know I'm four and a half months pregnant. Idk how to tell him.

He's my fiancé and all, I know, but I don't know what's wrong with me. It's hard to bring up this kind of news to him. I've never done this before.

I'm a super shy person, even towards the people I'm close with, so it takes time for me to tell them things.

See with August, we knew what we were doing. He nutted in me one time, and boom I was pregnant.

With Chaz, him and I use protection and I guess the condom broke somehow.

Believe it or not, we've never really sat down and had the whole baby talk.