changes5

____

"Alana, do you need any water or anything? Because I can—"

"No I'm fine, thanks." She interrupted, her eyes never leaving the window.

August sighed heavily shaking his head in concern. It was killing him to see her act this way. So dull and lifeless.

"How about I-"

"August, I said i'm fine. I just need some alone time please."

August nodded in defeat as he noticed her lips quivering, meaning she was about to cry again, and left the room.

The second she heard him get to the top of the stairs and close the bathroom door, and begin the shower water, the tears formed in Alana's eyes and began falling down her cheeks as her chest heaved up and down.

Aubrey being away was so hard on her. She missed her youngest daughter so much. She never realized how much time the spent together.

They did everything together. When Alana woke up, she would go to Aubrey's room and make sure she was up and ready for school everyday.

When Aubrey was dressed and ready for school Alana would have her breakfast already downstairs and ready for Aubrey to eat.

Then once Aubrey was done with her food, Alana would grab the car keys and take her to school.

And when school was over, Alana would go pick Aubrey up and bring her back home.

Alana's whole day revolved around Aubrey's. She was all she had left.

Alana had called the school to ask about Aubrey's attendance but the school informed her that Aubrey had been transferred to some school in a different state that she had never heard of before, and when she went to look it up there was no type of information on it at all.

Alana didn't even know what to do anymore. All she could do was hope her daughter was okay and would return sometime soon.