bonus chapter: changes

___
[alana]

"Aubrey what is going on?" I asked as she stood against the front door with her arms crossed.

She ignored my question and just stood there not looking me in the eyes.

"Aubrey..." i sighed, "You haven't been acting like yourself lately, what's going on. Just tell me. Did August and I do something? Is something going on that you're not telling us about, at school?"

"No." she answered.

"Then what is it?"

"Nothing." She got off from the door and tried to pass me, but i stopped her.

"No. You're going to tell me what is wrong."

"I said nothing! Now leave me alone." she rose her voice at me.

"Oh no, no, no. See this is what we are not going to do. Don't raise your voice at me, are you crazy? I am your mother." I tried to keep my calm, "I'm standing here asking you a question in a very kind manner because I know somethings up with you, so you're going to keep the same energy and stay nice and calm with your responses. Ok? Now if you want me to lash out on you and go crazy and let the whole neighborhood hear me, I can. Would you prefer for me to take that approach instead?" i asked.

"No." she rolled her eyes.

I felt myself begin to heat up at the fact that she was being complicated with me, and had been like this for the past month and a half. I was beginning to get sick and tired of this little attitude she'd been giving me, but I decided not to go off on her yet, so I just let the eye roll slide, this time.

"Okay then. I'm going to ask you one last time, What is going on? Why are you acting like this?" i asked.

She turned towards the door and leaned her head against it, facing her back towards me.

She sighed, "I can't tell you."

"What? Why?" i asked.

"Because I just can't."

"Aubrey." i said sternly.

She turned around and finally looked into my eyes. Her eyes were beginning to water.

"W-What— Why are you crying?" i asked as I stepped forward to hug her.

She quickly opened the door and stepped outside, "Mom i'm so sorry, I'll come back eventually. I promise." And after those words she ran off down the driveway and got into a random car that was sitting outside the gate.

"AUBREYYYY!!!" I screamed as I ran outside to try and stop her, but I knew it was too late.