bonus chapter: Aubrey

___
Aubrey sat at a table as she became inpatient while waiting on her boyfriend to show up at the diner. They hadn't been getting along too well lately, so she decided it would be good if they went on a little date night to help spark things up again.

The waitress came back for a third time asking if Aubrey was ready to order and she asked for another 10 minutes, saying that her guest was late.

People near by, in the diner, gave her apologetic looks like they knew what was going on, which made her feel even worse.

After waiting 5 more minutes she got up and began to grab her stuff. She knew he wasn't even going to show up at this point.

She was tired of getting the sorry looks for the costumers around her that realized she had been stood up.

Just as she was grabbing her jacket some boy walked up and hugged her from behind.

"Hey babe, I'm here. Sorry i'm late," he said kind of loud.

He gently guided her to sit back down in her side of the booth and then sat himself on the opposite side so they were facing each other.

"Hey, I'm Aaron by the way," he lowered his voice.

"Hi..?" Aubrey was confused. "I think you have me mixed up with the wrong girl."

"No, You're the right one." He leaned in closer. "I'm saving you from the embarrassment. I don't mean to sound like a stalker but I've been watching you the entire time and I noticed how you kept asking the waiter for more time each time she came over here. And then I seen you just get up and start getting your things and I told myself 'I can't just let her walk out like that' so here i am." He smiled as he leaned back again.

"Oh," She smiled back, "Thank you."

"Whoever didn't show up is a dick." He told her while picking up his menu.

She smiled again, "Yeah... he is."

"Get whatever you want, I'm paying."

"Oh you don't have to." She tried to stop him.

"No it's fine." he stated.

"You sure?" She asked.

"Positive. Sit back and relax. Get whatever. Shit you can order the whole damn menu and I wouldn't mind." He smirked at her while licking his lips.

She giggled.

She appreciated that he came along to save her of the embarrassment. He was extremely nice throughout the whole meal and was clearly flirting with her. She liked how blunt he was. He let her know straight off the bat that he liked her and thought she was the most beautiful girl in the world. She told him a few things about her and he didn't judge her at all.

When the date was over and they both walked outside, He asked for her number and she gave it to him. She liked him a lot and enjoyed his company so she didn't mind that he wanted to go out again soon.

After giving him her number and talking for a few more minutes outside the diner, they went their separate ways. Both had two big smiles clear on their faces.