changes finale

____

"I thought I would be fine without you guys but I was wrong." Aubrey cried into Alana's arms.

Alana held Aubrey close as the continued on with their emotional conversation.

Aubrey had finally came back home after a whole year of going m.i.a .

"I'm so sorry I just left you like that. I was wrong for doing that, I should've just told you what was going on with me and why I was acting the way I was acting. I really didn't think I needed you in my life, but I was so wrong. I rely on you for everything, my food, plans, doctors appointments, whatever else you do," She chuckled as she sat herself up and wiped her tears away, "You're such a huge help in my life, and I just want you to know I really appreciate everything you've done for me my whole life."

"No problem," Alana smiled. "No matter what, I'll always have your back. You're my baby girl, I love you more than you could ever imagine."

"Im such a horrible daughter, I don't deserve you. I can't believe I was really gone for so long." Aubrey spoke again.

"It's fine. It was a bad decision. We all live and we learn." Alana fixed the hairs that were covering Aubrey's face, but she stopped when she noticed a bunch of scratches on her face.

"Aubrey why's there scratches all over your face?"

Aubrey laughed, "Mom....I have something to tell you."

"As long as it explains all the scratches," Alana was confused but decided to give Aubrey a chance to speak.

"Wait before I tell you, I need everyone to be down here for this. It's kind of big news..." Aubrey gave Alana a little smile, unsure of how everybody would take the news she was about to give.

Alana called everyone downstairs and as soon as all three of her family memebers were on the couch sitting down in front of her, Aubrey sent Aaron a text to get out the car.

Once Aaron was out the car and started coming to the front door, Aubrey got up from her spot on the couch and opened the door for him and another person that nobody was aware of.

"Guys... this is Aaron, my boyfriend." Aubrey smiled as she motioned towards Aaron's muscular figure beside her. "And thisss..." She drug out the last part as she picked up her daughter Kadynce, "This is my baby. She's the one that loves to scratch mommy's face whenever I forget to cut her nails!" She tickled her baby's stomach, making her laugh.

Aubrey turned towards her family, who had all held a very shocked expression on their faces.

Skai was the first one to snap out of her thoughts and get up to hold the baby.

"Oh my gosh," Skai got off the couch and took the few steps to get to Aubrey, "I'm an auntie!" she said.

"Yes!" Aubrey laughed.

Kadynce kept her big eyes on Skai as they both sat there looking at each other, before Skai finally reached out for Kadynce and was successfully able to get her out of her mommy's arms without a fight.

Alana and Aug still sat on the couch in shock.

"She's so cute!" Skai spoke in a baby voice as she bounced Kadynce in her arms, "Yes you are! Oh yes you are" Skai talked to her newly discovered niece and walked off to show her around the house, even though she was fully aware that a one year old baby could not comprehend what in the world a house tour was. She just thought it'd be best to give Aubrey, Aaron, and her parents some time alone to talk without any distractions.

____

[august]

"So you left and went off to have your baby?" I asked.

"Yeah, When I left here I was already about 8 months pregnant. My stomach was small throughout the whole thing so it was pretty easy to hide, thankfully." Aubrey spoke.

"That would explain the sudden clothing changes and you being in more baggy clothes." Alana nodded her head as she was beginning to put together all the signs that Aubrey had been giving off the entire time, but we had been too dumb to realize.

"We just thought you were depressed and gained some weight, and had decided to take a different direction in your style of clothing. Damn kid, you got us good. I really thought you had been going through some like real deep shit," I spoke again.

Aubrey laughed, "Well I kind of was....you know with trying to tell you guys and figure out what I was gonna do."

"Why didn't you just tell us you were pregnant? We would've still cared and loved for you." Alana spoke softly.

"Because, I don't really know why but I just had this mentality that I wanted to do everything myself and I wanted to be able to pay for my child's crib for myself, all of her pampers by myself. My adult mode just sprung into action the second I found out I was pregnant and I just decided to make a lot of drastic changes in my life, and I did it, and I enjoyed some parts, and disliked others. Like you said earlier mom, we all live and learn, and this just happened to be one of my many experiences to come."

Aubrey wasn't my child, but it still felt good to know she went off with good intentions of getting herself together and wanting to be able to do stuff on her own for her and her child. And I was definitely happy she finally made it back home without any injuries or problems. She seemed to be happy and as long as she was happy, Alana would be happy, and as long as Alana is happy, I'm happy.

I looked at the young man that had been standing behind Aubrey for the last two minutes.

"Don't think I don't see you behind her man. I can see you clearly." I spoke to him.

"I wasn't really trying to hide, Sir," he chuckled, "How are you? I'm Aaron by the way." He came over and held his hand out for me to shake.

"Nice to meet you too son, I'm August, but you can continue to call me Sir. I'd actually prefer that, makes me feel special, important. Like I can do anything, so yes, feel free to keep calling me Sir."

"August shut up!" Alana hit me in the chest as she got up to hug Aaron. "Just call him August, he ain't nothing special. He's August to us," she pointed between her and Aubrey, "So he's August to you too." she smiled.

Aaron laughed again, "Alright."

"So when did you two meet? And how?" Alana sat back down on the couch and motioned for Aubrey and Aaron to sit down on the other side, as she asked them the question.

"Well," Aaron was the first to speak, "Its actually pretty funny....."

As he told the story we all had a few laughs, and continued conversating with each other the rest of the evening until Aaron decided that he had to leave.

Overall we enjoyed each other company and I, myself, thought Aaron was a great guy for Aubrey. I can't really speak for Alana, but by the way she was smiling and giggling all night I could tell she felt the same as I did.

She was just happy that her little family was back together, and with a new member.

I can say that Alana and I both are really looking forward to seeing what the baby daddy actually looks like. From the way Aaron and Aubrey described him to us, he's not to pleasant to be around. I guess we'll just see when we get there.

Damn my girl a whole grandma now, sheesh. He laughed to himself at his stupid thought.