9. Temptation

It had been two more days and Amelia could tell that John was getting impatient with her. The more time they spent together, the more frustrated he seemed to get. The more she refused to confess, the more he pretended to not be bothered by it. The worst part was that the more time they spent together, the more Amelia was beginning to feel comfortable and the more she was beginning to relax around the baptist. She knew that nothing good could come out of this.

John was equally confused about his situation with the deputy. He wanted to hear her confession. He needed to hear her confession. It is his duty and he cannot let his sins get in the way of that. Perhaps his sins weren't the issue, maybe Amelia was the problem. She was the reason that he couldn't do his job. For some reason he didn't want to make her confess, but he did want her to confess in her own time. To open up to him and tell him everything about herself, certainly not his traditional confession.

John was not frustrated because he was loosing his patience. He was frustrated because Joseph was loosing his patience, because he didn't understand why the deputy was so different, because there was something just so different about that woman.

The baptist hates how he has to see her everyday but never gets any closer to her, John couldn't explain why but he craves being near her. Maybe he just craves her...

John stood in his office, scanning the bookcase in front of him, trying to find something that would get The Project out of its newest mess. He didn't even turn around when he heard the door open, instead he just kept scanning the spines of law books. "Evening deputy" he greeted the woman. "What do I owe the pleasure?" he asked, still not looking at her, only waved at her to approach.

"It gets boring around here and you are my only company" Amelia shrugged as she walked over to him, standing beside him. "What are you doing?" she asked him quietly.

"Working" he stated blankly as he picked up a book and flicked through it, only to shake his head and place it down in the book case.

Amelia looked up at him and lost herself for a moment. She took some time to take in his features, they were softer than she remember...almost kinder. His eyes are always the same piercing blue that they always are and his brow was slightly furrowed in confusion and frustration. The only thing that she didn't notice was that John had noticed her staring.

He stared back. Taking in her soft and sweet features, the tiny smile that was tugging at her lips. What he really noticed was the dying light in her beautiful green eyes, he swears that they are getting brighter every day.

"J-John..." Amelia asked carefully, seeing the strange look in his eyes.

Before she could even comprehend what was happening, John had her pinned against the book case. He lay one hand on the self of the bookcase beside her head, and his other hand on her waist. Amelia looked up at him with wide eyes, her mouth going dry at the closeness.

She quickly adverted her gaze, looking down at their feet. John let out a deep chuckle before using his thumb and forefinger to tilt her head up, making eye contact again. He pressed against her, pinning her to the bookcase even more, and leaned in close to her. Amelia could feel his hot breath on her ear, making her shiver.

"Do you have any idea what I want to do to you?" he asked, she could feel his lips moving against the shell of her ear. "Do you have any idea what you do to me?" he asked again, this time taking her ear lobe between his teeth.

Amelia had seen John's emotions flip from overly excited to dangerously angry. But this was new. Yes, he had made suggestive comments, sent winks her way, and flirted like it was his job, but he had never made a move like this.

"John...what are you-" Amelia began to ask but gasped when he bit down harder on her ear lobe. Amelia gripped onto the collar of John's shirt, John smirked before releasing her ear lobe and placed a firm kiss on her jaw.

"Every time you walk around this place like you don't have a care in the world, every time you look at me with those damn curious eyes, every time you laugh or smile at something I say, every time you loosen up and joke and talk to me...I can barely control myself" John whispered lowly, sending shivers up and down Amelia's spine.

"Why do you talk to me, hm? Why do you laugh, laugh with me? Why do you act so...normal around me, so friendly around me? Aren't I suppose to be your enemy?" he asked, grazing his teeth down her neck.

Amelia never responded, she didn't need to. She was just about to try and push him away, but he began to press light kisses up and down her neck. The deputy's eyes fluttered shut and her mouth fell open slightly, emitting soft pants as John's kisses on her neck became more needy. His kisses then turned to nips, just not enough to mark her skin.

John finally pulled his head away from her, looking down at her with dominance and hunger. Amelia's grip on his shirt never loosened, for some reason she didn't want him to walk away. What surprised John, was that Amelia had the same need and hunger in her eyes.

John didn't waste anymore time before crashing his lips into her, pushing her against the bookcase as much as he could and pressing himself against her. Her arms wrapped around his neck, kissing him back and enjoying the feeling of having John so close.

The deputy didn't pretend to know why she liked having him so close, or why she found herself attracted to him. But she accepted it. Everything in her life has changed since she entered Hope County, so why not find herself attracted to the bloody baptist? Her life would never go back to normal, she is just rolling with the punches.

Amelia slipped one hand up the back of John's neck and buried her fingers in his neat hair. John rolled his hips into hers, and she was quick to react to his movements. That is when John pulled away. "Are you here to tempt me to sin, Amelia?" he asked smoothly. The sound of him saying her name made Rook's knees weak.

"I thought that I was sin?" she responded in a hushed voice.

"That you are, dear deputy" John nodded, dragging her bottom lip between his teeth before walking away. Leaving Amelia alone in his office to decide how she wanted to handle this situation.