27. Cover Up

The next morning, Amelia woke up in John's arms and groaned at the light from the sun shining in her eyes. She turned over and buried her face in John's chest, he chuckled lightly and wrapped his arms around her tighter. He had only been awake for a few minutes longer than Amelia, admiring the woman as she slept. He still couldn't believe how lucky and fortunate he was to have the deputy in his arms. He smiled softly as her fingers found their place on his chest.

"Morning" Amelia mumbled into John's chest, feeling his hands caressing her waist and back.

"Good morning Amelia...how are you feeling?" he asked, tracing his fingers over the purple mark on her shoulder.

"Sore...ache a little" Amelia said, but smiled up at him anyway. He just smiled back, knowing that she would be fine.

"I'm going to run you a bath" John kissed her forehead before sliding out of the bed and disappearing into the bathroom. As he walked towards the bathroom Amelia smiled at the sight of the red scratches that trailed down his back and chest, also noticing the red marks where her nails had dug into his shoulders.

Amelia took some time to admire the damage that John did to her body. Her neck, shoulders and collar bone were covered in love bites and bite marks. She had light bruises on her hips and thighs where John had been gripping roughly the previous night, she also had one bite mark on her inner-thigh. She smiled before slipping out of the bed and putting on one of John's shirt, she walked into the bathroom to see John kneeling beside a full bath tub, he was only wearing his underwear.

"You look beautiful" John compliment as he rose to his feet, placing a hand on her waist. Amelia blushed and smiled at him as he examined the marks that he left behind. "Relax in the water, it was ease the aching. I will see you afterwards" John smiled and kissed her gently.

He left the bathroom, allowing Amelia to bathe privately. John showered in the spare room, that was temporarily Amelia's bedroom, before getting dressed and heading to his office. While she bathed, he got to work on some paperwork in his office and was only interrupted by a phone call from the Father himself.

Amelia finished bathing and got dressed into some comfortable clothes before walking down the stairs to meet John. She knew that he would be busy in his office. Amelia walked into the office and walked over to the desk, noticing that John was watching her like he was debating something.

"What are you thinking about?" she asked, walking around the desk before leaning backwards against it so that she was standing in front of John who was sitting in his desk chair.

"I'm going to Joseph's place at the compound this weekend, he wants the family to get together. He does this sometimes. Would you like to come?" he asked and even Amelia could see that he had prepared himself for rejection.

"Of course I will go with you, John" she smiled, pushing herself off of the desk and climbing into John's lap. Making herself comfortable as she straddled him. "I told you that I want to try to make this work" she reminded him, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"Absolutely sublime" John grinned widely as he placed his hands on her waist, tilting his head up as she brought her lips down to meet his. Before she knew it, John had stood up and sat Amelia on the desk and was standing between her legs.

"You should be working" Amelia scolded playfully, pulling away from his lips.

"You are much more captivating" John smirked before leaning forwards and capturing Amelia's lips with his own once again.

As John began to kiss across Amelia's jaw, he noticed bite mark peeking out the collar of her loose fitting tee shirt. He gently kissed it before leaning back to make eye contact with her. "Make sure that you wear something that hides these marks when we go to see my family" John advised her. Amelia nodded, understanding his concern. Lust was a sin and those marks were evidence that John had committed that sin, Joseph certainly wouldn't be impressed and would most like punish them both to atone for their lust.

"I will cover them up, but you have to get some work done" Amelia compromised with him. Even though she didn't exactly like his family and didn't agree with the work he did with the cult, she didn't want to be the reason that he falls behind in his work. She didn't want to be the reason that Joseph got upset with him.

"Deal" John rolled his eyes and sat back down in his desk chair, sitting at the desk again.

Amelia smiled victoriously before hopping down from the desk. "No" John deadpanned, making her look down at him. "You can stay there" he smirked a little. She chuckled before sitting back down on the desk, beside his papers. John smiled up at her before taking a pen in one hand and placing his other hand on her knee, turning his attention to his paper work.

Amelia admired John, the concentrated look on his face and how neat his hand writing was. She was amazed how she found everything about this man attractive, even his god damn signature was exquisite.

Even though John's biggest distraction was sitting right beside him and he could feel her gaze on him, he never felt more focused and calm. He only stopped his work for a second to smile at Amelia when she placed her hand on his, and drew delicate circles on the back of his hand with her fingers.