31. Shared Burdens

John laced his fingers through Amelia's and gently guided her through the ranch, she bit her bottom lip when he unlocked the basement door. She knew exactly where this was going. He guided her in and locked the door behind her, walking her down the stairs until they were in the confession room again. Her head was still spinning from the fact that John had referred to her as his girlfriend. 

John turned to Amelia, placing a firm lingering kiss on her forehead before sitting her down in the metal chair that was bolted down to the floor. John set up his little table beside the chair and stood in front of her, helping her remove her shirt. "Are you ready?" he asked almost softly. Amelia had noticed that when John goes in to 'confession mode' everything about him changes, he becomes almost darkly soothing.

"Yes" Amelia smiled, knowing exactly how he wanted her to answer and she was more than happy to comply.

John reached for the waistband of her jeans, maintaining eye contact and allowing her time to object but she didn't, as he removed her pants and shoes. John smiled at her, taking the tattoo gun into his hand. He never spoke as he carved "LUST" into the flesh on her hip bone. He then carved "ENVY" in to the skin of her outer thigh.

Once he finished, he placed the piece of equipment down again and cupped her jaw, kissing her deeply but somewhat sweetly. He then pulled away, helping Amelia to her feet. She watched him as he cleaned the tattoo gun, her eyes widened and her mouth fell open when he placed the gun in her hands and sat down in the chair. John still didn't speak as he removed his vest and shirt, throwing them to land with her clothes.

"John?" Amelia asked, standing in front of him with the tattoo gun in her hands.

"I said that we need to carry the burden together, I want you to do this" he assured her, placing his hands over hers to stop them from shaking. "Just two little words, I will show you what to do" he smiled charmingly.

Amelia nodded and got to work, letting John guide her through the process. She carved "LUST" into his skin just above the waistband of his jeans and the word "ENVY" into the bottom of his ribs. He hissed a little in pain and occasionally tightened his grip on her wrist, but seemed to remain strangely calm the whole way through it.

When she finished, she placed the gun down on the table and turned to him. "You did a great job, almost as good as me" he smiled at her, reliving some of the tension. John reached out and took her hands in his, tugging her towards him until their legs were touching. Amelia chuckled a little as he ran his hands up her bare waist.

It was a strange feeling that they had when they were in the confession room. It was a whole new level of intimacy that neither of them have felt before, knowing the darkest secrets of each other and knowing that it is completely private. Nobody will know them as well as they know each other.

"You didn't have to do that" Amelia whispered, grazing her fingers over his fresh "ENVY" scar on his ribs.

"Yes, I did. But I also wanted to, if you have to then I have to" John told her, gliding his hands around her waist to land on her back, pulling her closer again. Amelia smiled and wrapped her arms around his neck, moving to straddle his lap. "You are so gorgeous" he whispered and he buried his face in her neck, kissing the sensitive skin as he ran his hand up her back.

"You're so cheesy" Amelia laughed, running her fingers through his hair. John pulled away and gave her a disapproving look. "Sorry" she laughed again, leaning down to kiss him.

He instantly responded to her kiss and took back his dominance. He pulled her closer, pressing their bodies together, before running his hands up her thighs. He landed his hands on her hips, both of them groaning softly as she rolled her hips into his. Amelia trailed her hands over his chest and down his stomach, he let out a small chuckle against her lips when she started playing with the buckle of his belt. He lifted his hips to let her undo the belt and his jeans. John attached his lips to her collar bone, making her gasp and grip the back of his shoulders when he grazed his teeth against her skin. They could never get enough of each other.

John's hand trailed up her back, his fingers resting on the back of her bra. He popped the clasp open in one fluid motion before throwing it to the side, it joined the pile with their other clothing. John was almost amused by the thought that he was about to commit such a sinful act in the confession room, a place where sin is suppose to be confessed and forgiven.

-----

Amelia was exhausted as John carried her, bridal style, to their bedroom. They curled up with each other and fell asleep in the comfortable sheets and each other's warm embrace.

The next morning John had to go to his bunker, where he would be spending most of the day. Just like most days. So Amelia had decided to have another day in the ranch. Maybe she didn't decide to, since she couldn't actually leave the property, but she didn't really mind. She was enjoying her alone time on the sofa in front of the fire when she heard a knock at the front door.

Confusion settled over her features. Who would be knocking at the door? Perhaps John forgot his keys, no that didn't sound right. Maybe John had sent some men for her? Maybe.

Amelia stood up and walked over to the front door, opening it to reveal the last person she expected to see. She expected one of John's men, John himself, maybe even Joseph...but she didn't expect this.

"Jacob?"