Ch. 5

"How about one of these?" He asks, looking at a pink power-wheel sports car with purple flower stickers.

"Its cute but Lilly would kill me." I say, walking ahead. I find the clothes aisle and pick up a couple outfits with kittens all over them, Ella is obsessed with cats.

"She doesn't want clothes." He complains.

"I'm going to get her toys too. I just love little girl clothes, they're irresistible." I gush. A nearby little boy outfit with an Oxford shirt with little pizzas all over it, catches my eye. Oh, my gosh! I need a little boy in my life." I whine, picking up the set, and showing it to him.

"Irresistible." He replies, smirking.

"Hello, can I help you with anything?" A women asks Alix, who is casually leaning against a clothes rack.

He doesn't answer or turn to acknowledge the woman. So I say, "We're fine, thank you." She smiles and walks away. "Do you have to be so rude?" I scold.

"Rude?"

"Yes. When people talk to you, you ignore them." I point out.

"I didn't realize she was talking to me." He replies, sounding truthful.

I scoff. "What about the other night? Two women tried to have a conversation with you and you pretended they weren't even alive." I grumble, walking towards the shoe aisle.

"Why would I encourage them?"

I roll my eyes, "You can't possibly think that all women who talk to you are hitting on you." I scowl, not at all surprised by his arrogance.

"Sure I can." He argues.

I shake my head at his response. "I didn't think you were this vain." I reply, bending over to look at the shoe sizes.

"Well, you learn something new everyday. 400."

I pick up some light-up shoes in her size and turn back to him. "You're beyond stubborn. You know that?"

He shrugs, "Its a family trait."

"You have family?" I ask, stopping all together to look at him opened mouth, I know he has a father, but he never talks about his family.

He smirks at my amazement, "I do. Lovely people."

"You're adopted, then?" I ask, winking.

He smiles. "No."

"You don't see them a lot." I state, knowingly. He hasn't seen them in the months I've been working for him.

"I see them enough." He replies, simply.

"I'd love to meet the one's responsible for make such a stubborn, chit." I huff, going back to shopping.

"Ask and you shall receive." He states, walking behind me as we move to the next aisle. "My father will be here to look over the Savannah Port. My mother and brother are coming as well."

I turn stunned, "All of them to look at the Port?" I ask, not understanding the attraction. They didn't come see the New York Yard. Why this one?

"We have to celebrate our birthday, or so I was told." He scowls, unhappily.

"Who's?"

"Mine and my brother."

"You have the same birthday?" I ask, confused.

He nods, "We're twins."

My jaw hits the floor. "There are two of you?" I shout before I can think better of it. I shake my head, no. "Count me out. I'm not strong enough to handle that."