Ch. 12

"You think I told my mother, that I'm paying you for sex?" He asks, looking and sounding calm, but his eyes are radiating with annoyance.

"I don't know! That's why I asked. You didn't?" I question, hopeful.

"No, I didn't and you're hardly a prostitute." He states, simply.

"Well I-"

"Say it again and I will stop payment on all incoming bills." He threatens, as we pull into a parking lot.

"So sensitive." I mumble, looking out the window.

"Samantha." He warns.

His hand comes to my chin when I ignore him, turning me gently toward him until we're face to face. I can see that he's not angry, he's absolutely irate. I'm too stunned to say anything, I've never seen him truly angry. He leans his face close to mine.

"Never again." He orders, his mask completely off.

I nod my consent, knowing full well he doesn't want me to refer to myself as a prostitute again. My door opens and I climb out thanking Lou on the way. I take a deep breath. Not knowing what was said back at the hotel makes me nervous. He takes my hand as we meet behind the car and pulls me to him.

I'm standing flush against him when he says, "I told her you were mine."

I look up at him, in disbelief. "That's it?"

He nods. "That's all that matters." He pecks my lips quickly. Hand in hand we walk to his family who have been waiting for us to join them. I feel my cheeks redden and I look at the ground as we get closer.

"I think you blush more than Charlotte." Braxton announces, amused.

I groan out of annoyance. "I think I should do the world some good and get rid of both the Greco boys."

"You'd definitely win Humanitarian of the year." Charlie remarks quietly and I laugh. Charlie gives Braxton a warning look and he relents.

"Charlie, if you weren't so head over heels in love. I'd take you for myself." I tell her, playfully.

"You stole my line." Braxton accuses as he holds the door open.

"Thats the oldest line in the book." I argue. "Any saying that starts with, head over heels, is not yours to claim."

"That was all original." He smirks, faking offense as he hold his hand up to his chest.

"Nope, it was the remix." I say, jokingly referring to the shirt I got him. We both chuckle as we are greeted by the hostess who has eyes for only the twins. I roll my eyes at Charlie, who nods in acknowledgment.

"You get used to it." She whispers, smirking. "How long have you two been together?" She asks, sweetly. Not in a prying way, just pure curiosity.

"I've been working for him for 3 months." I answer, evasively.

"Oh, then you know all about it." She replies, smiling.

I nod. "Yep."

"Know all about what?" Braxton asks, joining our conversation.

"How women respond to you two." I explain.

"I'm the far more attractive twin." He brags, as we are seated at the table. I laugh at his absurdity, they are literally carbon copies of each other.

"Alix, got the brains. Braxton, got the looks." Cairo states, smirking mischievously.

"Hey!" Braxton, shouts smiling at his fathers jest.