Ch. 10

I'm so relieved when dinner is over I have to stop myself from running to the car. Alix's parents did in fact bring him chocolates and my gift of t-shirts was a hit to everyone. I got Alix a shirt that read, The Original because he was born first and Braxton The Remix. Braxton did laugh with us, but Alix was not as amused, but it's only because he's in a bad mood.

    I see Lou waiting at the car with the door open. I'm beyond tempted to fling myself in the car yelling, "Just drive!" But Alix pays Lou's salary. Which, I'm sure buys his loyalty.

"Thanks, Lou." I say, turning to wave goodbye to the Greco's just before I get in the car. I hear the door across from me open a couple seconds later and Alix gets in.

"My parents have decided to stay longer." I hear him say.

"Thats nice." I reply, meaning it. They really are a nice couple.

    We are silent the rest of the way, I can't tell if he's still angry or not. I think he's heard what I have to say and respects it. If I don't want to sleep with him anymore he wouldn't force me. If I told him I didn't want to after he helped with the house, I know he would've honored my wishes there too.

    The car draws up to the hotel and I open my own door grabbing my purse. We walk as always into the hotel together and onto the elevator, just as before. Its not uncomfortable at all. It's just like it used to be, I think to myself relieved. The elevator doors open, I step off making my way to my room and take out my key card from my purse. His hand comes around my waist unexpectedly and he steers me to his door.

"What are you doing?" I ask, confused but not completely surprised.

"We need to discuss some things."

I clench my jaw. "No more trades, Alix."

"You might want to hear me out." He replies, firmly.

I reluctantly follow him and keep my head down. "Okay, lets have it." I say, as the door closes.

    My back hits the wall and his mouth is on mine. Too stunned I kiss him back. I come to my senses when I feel his hands on my backside, lifting me and bringing me against his hardness.

"Alix!" I shout, pushing at his shoulders, still mad about what happened earlier.

His eyes close slowly, he only does that when he is hiding his emotions. He steps back and grabs my hand, leading me to the couch. I sit, knowing it's what he wants and watch as he goes to the desk, picking up a stack of papers. He carries them to me and holds them out. I take them hesitantly and look at the content. I notice I'm holding past due doctors bills, credit card statements indicating that the credit limit has been maxed out. Late car payments with threats of repo. All of these in my parents name.

"What is this? Why do you have these?" I ask, my anger with him mounting to new levels.

"Lilly sent them to me." He replies, easily.

Totally bewildered and getting more upset by the second. "Explain." I demand, breathless.

"Your father had been laid off for the past month. I told her I could help. She took these from your parents home." He states, simply.

I feel nauseous. "She sent you these bills to pay? Without their knowledge." I ask, for clarification.

He nods. "I told her we've made arrangements."

"We didn't." I argue, my heart racing.

"These bills haven't been paid yet." He states, sitting across from me. "Now, would you like to discuss a trade?" His callousness sends chills down my spine. Who is this person?

I look back down to the stack of bills, hating myself and what I'm going to do. "Pay them." I say, not needing to think long on the subject. Unable to believe my life has come to this. I'm now a paid prostitute. Where the hell did this come from? Oh, yes. This is just another shitty situation, in my shitty life.

"There's more."

I groan, bringing up my hands to my face, refusing to cry. "More?" I ask, feeling lost.

"More bills coming in. Plus, I was told of a surgery coming up." He states, simply.

I shrug, "Get to the point, Alix." I demand, tiredly.

"You're mine as long as you want me paying these."

"I have sex with you and you pay a bill? Is that what we're doing?" His eyes narrow at me, but doesn't respond. "And when you decide to stop, then what?" I ask, annoyed.

"I guess that would make you free then." He shrugs.

"Fine." I agree. I lean back against the couch feeling very drained all of a sudden.

"Thank you for my shirt." He says, watching me. He looks much more relaxed then he did a few minutes ago, less stern and distant. However, he did get what he wanted, that would make him happy.

"You have issues." I tell him, laughing at myself for thinking I was starting to understand him. No, not understand him. I thought I knew him. This side of Alix I never thought existed.

He shakes his head. "No, they've been resolved." He replies, easily.

I eye him suspiciously."You were waiting for this to happen. To dig this out and use it against me." I state, knowingly.

"I didn't want to use it, you made me." He corrects.

"I didn't make you do this." I argue, getting upset.

"I didn't make you do anything either." He points out.

I scoff, in disbelief. "Like I have a choice. Were you going to pay them if I wouldn't have ended it?"

He nods.

"Of course! As my payment." I shake my head, embarrassed. Embarrassed I was this stupid. "Why are you doing this? This doesn't make any sense." I say, at a complete loss. This whole situation doesn't add up.

"Because I want you."

I nod, right. Like he didn't have me. He could've apologized. I would've forgiven him, but no I get to trade my body for payment of my parents bills. "I'm getting on the pill in two weeks when we go back to New York. Until then, condoms." I tell him, pointedly.

His eyes light up just a bit, but I see it. "Come here." He orders. I put the bills on the table and walk over to him, slowly. He urges me onto his lap. "Kiss me, here."He says, pointing to his neck. I remember me asking him that when we were together the second time.

I lean down and put my lips on his warm skin. I work my way down to his collarbone and he picks me up to takes me to his bed. I don't want to like it, but I feel my need for him build even before he kissed me.