Expensive Mistake

(Sam x Colby)

It's hard to believe that five years went down the drain, and in the blink of an eye. That's not only what pisses me off, it's the reason why they went down the drain.

It started at Lure NightClub. He had a little too much to drink.

"Colbs, babe, I think you should sit dow and give the alcohol a break." I tried leading him to a booth.

"No, I wanna dance."  He said struggling to escape my gentle hold.

The people we came with, were in many areas of the club doing various things.

"Colby, you've injested five shots of vodka, three shots of whiskey, a martini, a lime margarita, four cans of beer, and seven shots of tequila. You need to sit down."

"Oh My God! This is my song!" He screamed as Highway to Hell came on, while running to the dance floor.

After hours, and several shots and beer chugs the bill came along with a sight I never wanted to see.

The bill was two-hundred twenty five dollars and eighty cents.

The sight was Colby making out with a completely sober roommate.

Without even thinking, I paid the bill and left. Not telling anyone where I was going or that I was leaving.

You see, Colby is always this way. Sober or drunk or high. And he always does this shit.

I can't take it anymore.  I'm tired of him apologizing and not meaning it.

I walked to suicide bridge, slowly and easily getting through the bars used to prevent this activity.

As I got through, I stood on the edge. I removed my Vans and my coat. I placed my fully charged phone in my shoe.

I looked down at the huge fall, then looking at the beautiful sight above.

As the cold midnight breeze blew through my hair, I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. I took a step foward.

I fell.

And fell.

And fell.

Until I stopped breathing and my heart stopped.

"This just in, reports of a local resident jumping Colorado Street Bridge. Locals have gathered around to mourn the lose of local Californian and Internet star, Samuel John Golbach. Items found at the scene are the pair of shoes Samuel was wearing along with his coat and phone. Police still don't understand how he was able to jump from the boarded area. Or even if it was suicide. There was no witness or any note. Today we mourn the lose of Samuel John Golbach. Our condolences to the family and to friends. If anyone has any idea of why this happened or how this could have happened please feel free to stop by the LAPD. That is all for KTLA's breaking news."

It was an expensive mistake.

Word count- 467