Chapter Thirteen

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

-VampireRoses1223

Erai has to save my life in return..?

"What does that mean? I jump in front of a bus and hopes he makes it on time?" I asked bewildered, and the old woman laughed. "Well, something like that."

"I now know why it's called a curse." I grumbled, running my hands down my face. "It's either I end up dead, or stuck with a manslut for the rest of my life..."

"But you know... He might seem a bad person most times, but I'm sure he has his reasons. As you do when you say you want to get rid of him."

My eyes widened with realization. I didn't actually have a reason for wanting to get rid of him. He hasn't done anything specifically wrong for me to hate him, but yet at the same he isn't exactly a saint... But is that a good reason to get rid if him?

"I think you outta give him a chance. Who knows, he might really come in handy. I mean with his magic and all." She winked at me, and I just looked away awkwardly. "Right..."

I paused for a moment from a thought crossing my mind. "Hey, speaking of which... How do you know Erai?" I asked curiously. I wasn't trying to pry, but I mean if we both knew Erai, then obviously we had suffered the same problem.

"Same way you do." She smiled with a distant look in her eyes. "I was once his master too. And I can be the first to warn you... Be careful what you wish for." She frowned and looked even pained for a moment, and I nodded my head.

She smiled sadly, yet looked somewhat content at my eagerness to listen, and pulled something from behind the register. It was a silver ring with a mood rock in the middle.

Talk about irony... In a shop with such super effective voodoo stuff, she would also end up selling something as phony as mood rings...

"Go on, laugh if you must." She seemed to notice my efforts of trying not to look skeptical, and I found myself chuckling. "And despite it's looks, it's actually not a mood ring. I made it myself. It's supposed to bring you good luck and protection." She dropped it in my hand, and my eyes widened.

"Oh, well I don't actually have money on me right now-"

"No need, it's a gift. Keep it." She smiled at me once again. "I feel like you're not a very greedy soul. I like you."

Suddenly we heard the bell ring once more, and a familiar face came in right through the door. "Oh!" I said surprised. "It's you!"

The petit and elegant woman from the library walked in, and looked surprised to see me. "Oh, hello." She said smiling as she came up to us slowly. She seemed somewhat bothered to see me, and I suddenly found myself wondering what she was doing here.

"Hello Estelle." She said nodding over to the old woman, who seemed to hesitate saying hello back. "Aye..." She nodded, looking back to me. "I still have a customer to tend-"

"Oh, no it's alright, I got everything I needed..." I said going around the lady, and to the door. "Thank you for everything, and... See you around." I looked at the lady one last time, and noticed she was staring at me.

"I never got your name." She smiled politely at me, and I found myself pausing to open the door. "Oh, I suppose you're right... Seren." I slipped the ring in my jacket pocket, and offered her my hand to shake, which she took.