Chapter Twenty

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

-VampireRoses1223

I suddenly felt a wave of sadness wash over me, and I felt my eyes water slightly as Erai continued talking. "They all used me, for the sex, for the magic, for mindlessly doing repulsive things. And I never once thought of it as a bad thing, until..."

My heartbeat quickened as he separated our faces once again, and looked straight at me. I felt heat rise to my cheeks, and I knew he didn't need words to finish what he was saying. I already knew.

"Hush." I whispered, not letting him finish his sentence as I put a quivering finger to his lips. "I understand."

His gloomy dark look slowly melted away, and a new look was on his face. A look that was similar to the one when he said he wanted me. It was a look of honest admiration, thankfulness, and even relief.

Erai rested somewhat limply in my arms, and I found myself embracing him. He was so much like a lost puppy, it hurt to even think about it.

He really was lost.

My fingers ran through his dark hair, and I was even starting to be soothed by the motion. Erai seemed to have relaxed into my arms, his own around my waist.

"You really confused me." Erai mumbled next to my chest, sending a pleasant vibration directly into my heart. "You told me you didn't want your 3 wishes, you told me I was free, and you even told me you're not interested in sex... I have a really strange master."

"Hmph, well you got that right. 'Strange' and 'master' definitely belong in the same sentence." I chuckled lightly, and I felt Erai place a light butterfly kiss on my shoulder again. A tendency he had whenever he felt happy.

"Hey, I want you to be honest with me. Why did you kiss me back at the cafe?" I asked, suddenly remembering why we were like this in the first place. Erai seemed hesitant to answer, and he looked straight into my eyes. "I'll tell you, but only if you tell me about your relationship with Ryan."

My relationship with Ryan?

My eyebrows furrowed, and I bit my bottom lip. It's not like we were still dating, so I guess it's okay to tell Erai. I mean I've already told Kylie, so it won't be the first time I've told somebody.

"... Fine. But you tell me first. Why did you kiss me?" I asked again, but Erai only gave a little side smirk. "No, that won't do. You tell me first."

"What?" I scoffed, but ended up rolling my eyes and sighing. Whatever, I might as well go first to get it over with. "Ugh, fine."

Erai seemed eager to listen as he leaned forward, and I found myself unable to look at him. I turned my face away awkwardly, and sighed. "Me and Ryan... Huh, where to start. We met a long time ago... 6 years ago actually. Believe it or not, back then I was one of those loner freshmen in high school, I never dated anyone, nonetheless even acknowledged the male existence. Usually girls my age would have boyfriends and their place on the social ladder. But... I don't know, I guess I was more interested in other stuff.

But anyway, my high school decided to have this little fair, with little carnival games, rides and contests out on our football feild. I didn't want to go, but fate had said otherwise. I got stuck at school, because I missed the buses going home and I didn't have a ride home. So I stayed at the school, just sitting and waiting for someone to pick me up. It got dark, and the fair was already in swing, and it was clear that nobody was going to pick me up. I wasn't disappointed or sad, I had already knew something like that was going to happen. But anyway I decided to go.