Chapter Twenty-Two

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

-VampireRoses1223

Work today was rather hectic, which was sort of new.

Sinclair's never had this many customers, and I'll give you a hint. The majority was high school and college girls.

No, scratch that, hormonal and squealy high school girls, along with your typical 'experimental' and wild college girls.

And as you can probably guess, they all surrounded Erai, who was more than happy to 'serve' all of them. My head was threatening to explode any minute from the nonstop noise, ALL DAY.

Customers are great, customers equals cash and business, however, this time I was willing to make an acception. I was half ready to kick them all out of the cafe.

But of course Mr. Sinclair thought otherwise. He was standing next to me, observing the chaos, but unlike me, he had a smile on his face. Talk about polar opposites.

"This is great, isn't it Ms. Russo?" He chirped happily, and it's the happiest I've seen him in a long time. A long time of course meaning the first.

"Yeah. Peachy." I laughed with fake enthusiasm, and Mr. Sinclair didn't even seem to notice my attitude.

"Say, why did you decide to hire Jake anyway?" I asked curiously. I know after Erai's hypnotism, the victim remembers nothing, so I was curious to see how it affected Mr. Sinclair.

"Huh? Well... I don't have a specific reason really." He said pondering. "I just like him. And I mean, it's not like I was wrong to! Look how many wonderful customers we're getting suddenly!"

"Oh trust me, their presence is hard to ignore." I said bitterly.

"We've never had THIS many customers before, and I gotta say, it's not bad." He said jokingly, and I just died a little inside.

"Uh huh... And if I may ask, due to unpopularity, weren't we doing rather poorly before?"

"Oh, yes, we were... To tell the truth, we were just about to go under. And thankfully, along came Jake and fixed just about everything."

Mr. Sinclair's sounded more than thankful to Erai, and I suddenly realized how happy everyone was to have him here. I mean, other than Ryan... And myself... But from time to time I usually found myself slipping...

Sometimes Erai has a real handful, and always did things just to piss me off, but most times... He was really helpful.

When I was swarmed with customers, he'd always be there to escort them to their tables. When I was carrying too many trays, he'd carry more than half to lessen my exhaustion. When Kylie broke or misplaced something like she usually does, Erai of course either already cleaned it up or had it in hand.

But more importantly, he helped Sinclair's keep it's place in town. He saved Sinclair's. That's Mr. Sinclair's, Kylie's, Ryan's, and my jobs saved as well.

Not to mention the tip explosion.

Since Erai came, tips have been overflowing the tip jar, and I find myself pocketing at least 50% my paycheck in tips.

Suddenly I felt my shoulder being tapped, and I turned my head only to see a timid but determined looking Ryan stand right behind me. "Seren, can I talk to you?"

He looked awful... His eyes were sunken in, dark circles literally looked like soaked tea bags, and his hair was an uncombed mess. He looked like he had just become a drug addict...

"Yeah, sure." I said unsurely, as I followed him into the employee lounge. "Ryan, are you... Okay?" I asked as he walked ahead of me rather quickly.