Chapter Twenty-Five

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

-VampireRoses1223

[Author's Note: ......You guys.... Calm down XD I know the whole lot of you are pissed, but you guys... This is just a book XD no need to try and verbally stake her lmfoa! And just to let you guys know, I've NEVER watched the TV show Once Upon A Time or seen any of the Pirates of the Carribean, the whole 'Heart in an Enchanted Box' wasn't inspired by anything, I just came up with it myself. And also, just a head's up, what goes up is always bound to go down... XD you may think about it any way you want... But you'll never figure it out >:) ]

All day today I was swamped with work. Without any breaks or stopping points, I had sweeped, mopped, cleaned tables, taken orders from Erai's annoying fan club, and served drinks.

Kylie and Ryan just watched me in amazement, and I winked at Kylie as I walked past her while carrying yet another tray of little cups of water that Erai's fan club ordered just so they could stay and flock over him some more.

I dropped off the tray of water, and noticed how the lovesick girls completely ignored me as they fawned over Erai who sat in the booth with them but at the end. He looked rather lost in thought as he looked at the table without even blinking once.

"Jake, you're really quiet today!" A girl with blonde hair and freckles wrapped her arm around his, and he seemed rather annoyed with her. "Tell us what's bothering you!"

He looked like he had wanted to say 'you', but he kept his mouth tightly shut as he looked down once again. He was probably aware that I was there and watching the whole scene in amusement, but he just avoided my gaze all together.

And being ignored sent me the cue that I wasn't wanted there, so I just shrugged my shoulders, turned around and left. It didn't bother me though, I had other things to do. Like watch the floors dry.

"Hey, Seren." Kylie brushed her bangs out of her face as she walked next to me. "Oh, hey." I said not taking any particular interest in her company.

"Wanna sit down and talk? You look like you've worked really hard today." She led me over to a secluded booth, and I sat across from her as she put her hair up into a pony tail.

"So... You've been acting rather... Different. I can't place it but you seem more..."

"Nonchalantic? Yeah, you're not the only one who thinks so." I said propping my chin down into my palm. "What about it?"

"Oh nothing, it's just... I don't know. You're different today. Come to think of it, you were rather out of it yesterday too. Is there something you want to talk about?" She asked with curiously, and I just smiled slyly at her.

"Yeah, I was feeling rather blue yesterday. But don't worry, I have a feeling that won't happen again for a long time." I smiled cunningly at her, while she just stared at me in confusion.

"Oh, I see... That's great?" She smiled back, and finished her pony tail with perfection. "Sorry if I seemed nosy. It's just that you've been acting off lately, you know, with Jake and all."

"What?" I asked in amusement. "Why do you think I'm off with Jake?"

"Well I thought about it, and you both left together rather suddenly yesterday, and when you came back, you seem to be avoiding one another. And for once you don't even care about the girls surrounding him."

"For once? Uhm, excuse me, I never cared." I said in defense, and Kylie rolled her eyes and laughed.

"Yeah right! Have you seen your face when even one of those girls walks in here? It's gets even funnier when they all come in and order water just so they could stay longer." She teased, and I scoffed to myself.

"I don't care about his fan club. If they want to drool over him, fine. If they want to get shot down every time, that's fine too."

"Oh really?" She asked raising her eyebrows and crossing her arms. "Because one might say that you look rather... Jealous when those girls come around. From a certain angle that is."

"Kylie, you spend too much time staring at my face." I laughed at her dismissively, and waved my hand around as if airing away even the thought of it.

"What, sometimes I just can't help but notice your sour expressions. The pictures I take get lots of notice. People say it makes a great meme. But in all seriousness, it's not like you're the only one." Kylie said as she smirked at me knowingly, as if offering to spill one of her interesting secrets out to me.

"What do you mean?" I asked warily, and Kylie leant in closer and put her hand by the side of her mouth so nobody but us could see or hear what she was saying. "Well I also noticed Jake's reactions when you serve other guys. Or even when you walk past Ryan."

"His reactions huh? And just what might they be?" I rolled my eyes. All this was just stupid gossip Kylie liked to make up to keep herself busy, but I couldn't help it if they were even just a little bit interesting.

"Ones like yours. Jealousy."

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

It was almost time to switch shifts, and I was in the back changing into my regular clothes. Today was a relatively quick day, I had kept self busy the entire time, and without any interference from Erai whatsoever.

It was strange, he usually always bothers me, even about the stupidest things he would always find an excuse to come over and annoy the crap out of me.

But today he kept to himself he didn't even talk to Kylie or the other customers more than he had to.

Even Kylie seemed to notice that the usual flirtatious and easygoing 'Jake' was rather isolated and lost in thought today.

Once I finished changing, I stuffed my keys into my pocket and started to walk out looking for Erai, but he was nowhere in sight. My eyes scanned the room over and over again, but I couldn't find him in any of the tables or booths.

But suddenly I felt something yank the keys out of my pocket, and I spun around in confusion only to see Erai twirling my keys around his finger and walking away from me.

I knitted my eyebrows together in confusion,but followed him out if the store without asking what he was doing just yet. Kylie and Ryan were most likely watching, and I wanted Kylie to think everything was alright and that she was just lost in gossip again.

Erai got in the driver's seat and started the car quickly while I hopped into the passenger side, still a little confused in what was going on.

But instead of asking, I just remained quiet as I buckled myself in and watched Erai swerve away into a different direction that I'd usually take home.

In fact it was a different rode entirely. I looked out the window in confusion, and turned back to look at Erai. "Uh, I believe the road back home is that way." I pointed to the road I took to get to and from work, but Erai paid no attention.

"We're not going home." He said as he kept driving calmly and steadily further and further away from Sinclair's.

"Oh?" I raised an eyebrow at his boldness, but a smirk quirked onto my lips. "Then where are we going?"

He remained quiet for a while as he continued driving, not bothering to look at me even once. "On a date."