Chapter Twenty-Four

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

-VampireRoses1223

[Author's Note: Wow. '-' Just three more chapters, and this book will surpass my longest book Taken By A Werewolf... And I gotta admit, I've never actually come this far (other than T.B.A.W) with a book... Usually I'd lose motivation by chapter 10... XD Pray I don't for this story haha. Anyway sorry the last chapter was kinda short, I'll make up for it with multiple plot twists and Erai x Seren moments XD enjoy~]

*Seren's P.O.V*

"I'm ready to make my first wish." I clutched the door knob tightly, feeling another jab in my heart. It has been happening for a while now, and it won't stop.

I've never felt this feeling before, and it was slowly draining me. Whenever I tried to talk, it's like my throat would just close up and I'd suffocate on my own words being lodged up my throat.

So despite Erai's almost pleading questions, I remained quiet all through out the ride home.

"..... You want to make your first wish?" He asked astonished, coming closer to the door. "I thought you said you don't need those 3 wishes... Seren, I have to warn you-"

"I don't care." I cut him off sit a glare. "I'm ready." I knew what I wanted was rather reckless and might possibly end in a failure, but if I worded my wish right, it would have to turn out somewhat like I planned. I was ready to take any debris that might fall from my wish.

"Seren..." He sounded like he had been wounded, but I just looked away angrily. "I don't care what you have to say. I..."

A few moments of silence ticked by as I let my sentence stretch on, not needing the need to continue. I looked down to the ground, and opened the door wider, and backed away. I looked at Erai for a brief moment, nodded my head, turned my back, and walked towards the bed and sat down at the edge.

Erai soon followed and stood in front of me. He didn't seem to ant to say anything more, he seemingly picked up on my determination to carry out my wish.

"I wish... My beating heart was removed from my chest, and put into an enchanted box that would protect and keep my heart beating and alive, which I will also be able to retrieve and put back into my chest safely any time I chose." I closed my eyes and said in a loud voice.

"Seren..!" He said shocked, and I just glared down onto my lap, quietly saying I wasn't going to discuss it. I had already wished it, meaning he HAD to do it. And I wasn't planning in explaining myself.

He knelt down on one knee in front of me, and gently took my tightly clutched hand and eased his fingers in between mine. My tight fist had unclenched, and he brought our entwined hands to his chest.

"I don't want to have to do this." He said looking deep into my eyes with a miserable expression. "Please..."

"Erai, your master made a wish, don't you think it's your job to grant it?" I said sternly. I felt the warmth of his hand in mine and the warmth from his chest, and even the beating of his heart, and it felt... Strange. The warmth of his touch and the coldness of my voice almost clashed physically with each other.

".... As you wish, master." He said defeated, letting my hand slide out of his and down by my side again. "I shall grant your wish." He stood up, and from the look on his face, he wasn't happy about my wish.

But... It had to be done... It was too late to take back my words. What happened can't be changed. Or what will happen, I should say.

"Lie down on the bed. And be completely and absolutely still. Don't even squirm." He said grimly, and I winced internally from his harsh tone, but did as he said. I lied down on the bed, and Erai climbed on top of me, a grimace on his face.